• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No ozameprole?

clar01

Hi

Just had my surgery with the wonderful mr Patel and he has said that I don't need to the ozameprole (sorry if that's not spelt correctly)

Had the bypass. He explained why, and it seems to make sense but I noticed that everyone else was taking it.

Any advice?

X

Personally I would want to be on the omeprazole rather than risk my new pouch being damaged. But at the same time each hospital is different and you should really follow your teams advice.

Its hard to comment, unless you post the reason he gave you for not giving you omeprazole.. I thought everybody had to have it or something similar to reduce stomach acid at least while the pouch heals. But as yves says, you have to be guided by your surgeon..

I'm on Ranitidine and have been since stopping the disolvable ones I had for the week after the op. I was on them before hand though to protect my stomach from my other meds including asprin. I would be guided by your surgeon, they know what they're doing Lovely.

Kate x

I'm on it purely because I was taking paracetamol & ibruprofen daily for osteoarthritis & fibromyalgia pain thankfully I don't need to take them as much anymore the osteoarthritis is much better having lost weight. The fibromyalgia is still there depending on the day or how much I do, I've also developed a spur on my right shoulder & it causes a lot of pain across both shoulders & up into my neck so have to give in to the pain killers every so often. The omeprazole protects my pouch from ulcers etc so am happy to include it in my post op regime just to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back