• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

no pre OPP diet?

Liesa

havent been told about a pre op diet by my Dr, do those of you who do the pre op dieting get told this from the beginning or do they just contact you and tell you what to do??
I'm so cross with myself last time we saw Mr Patel he said 'have you any questions?' i said no.... naturally I got home and remembered somethings i shouldve asked about...
everyone i have spoken with has a pre op diet... ive not been told any of this by Mr Patels team....

They rang me to tell me there were sending out the booklet for pre op diet. I knew u would have to do a diet like u do when you have any major surgery x

I got told in consultation. I think it is the norm to do a pre op diet so be prepared...
Although I do know someone who had 2 gastric bands (the first one slipped after a couple of years), the first in France and the second on NHS and she wasn't told to do the pre op diet either time!
Do you have a number you can call to find out for sure? Xx

In America they don't to the pre op diet it seems to be only over here. I think they get us to do it to get a couple of lbs off before the op as well as to shrink the liver. I would ask your team if they say you don't need to do it you could always do a low carb diet just to help. Good luck x

As your op isn't till Feb, maybe they will send you all the information you need nearer the time. x

i remember asking somewhere else on another forum and they said that Mr Patel at Kings doesnt do that... just reading all the postings reguarding pre op diets gets me confused, i was along with hubby gonna start yet another diet probably thru ww after xmas but we all know that the first few weeks are great so if i didn that and then was sent info to lose more weight i would probably struggle, will contact the Secretary tomorrow xxx :)

Hi Liesa, I was with Ms Chang at Kings and I wasn't given a pre-op diet either. when I told them I'd done the Milk diet they were quite surprised

i didnt get any info about the pre-op diet until 5 weeks before my op when i saw the dietician.
Have you seen the dietician yet? if you havnt give your clinic/hospital a call and ask them for the pre-op diet and they will sort that out for you xx

have only just got the ok for surgery Mr Patel said feb 2012, had a bad year last year but shouldve had th surgery this year but due to kings messing me about he put it back as the list had changed from a 6 month waiting list to a 12 month wait.... am going to call them tomorrow and ask for what happens next....

On an American forum I was on some where put on opifast for pre op.

I think I would do a pre op for my liver regardless :)

What did your team say today?

didnt call them, have had good and bad day, good cos i met a girl i worked 34 years ago, we had a catch up, after she left i remembered my daughter kerrie and partner Andy were going to pay their respects to Andys nan who passed away suddenly on the 11th nov, had 2 post mortems as they didnt find the cause at first, but finally she gets laid to rest on thursday its truely breaking our hearts as it was so sudden and she was such a wonderful special lady, she was main childcare support for my grandkids as they lived closer to their schools etc... but we all adored her Mary was so special, i knew they were going to the chapel and it has made me so sad... havent stopped crying most of the afternoon... but im going to call the hospital for sure tomorrow, i need to focus on something else x
xx

Liesa said:
didnt call them, have had good and bad day, good cos i met a girl i worked 34 years ago, we had a catch up, after she left i remembered my daughter kerrie and partner Andy were going to pay their respects to Andys nan who passed away suddenly on the 11th nov, had 2 post mortems as they didnt find the cause at first, but finally she gets laid to rest on thursday its truely breaking our hearts as it was so sudden and she was such a wonderful special lady, she was main childcare support for my grandkids as they lived closer to their schools etc... but we all adored her Mary was so special, i knew they were going to the chapel and it has made me so sad... havent stopped crying most of the afternoon... but im going to call the hospital for sure tomorrow, i need to focus on something else x
xx

(((hugs))) that is very sad :( I hope you will all be ok xxx

They will contact you closer to the time as you only go on the liver reducing regime for a few weeks prior to surgery.

Hi my op is on the 15th dec and I wasn't given my diet until my pre op assessment on the 30th nov, which started on dec 1st , so you be given when you have yours. I am at Princess
Royal university hospital Orpington Kent. Hope that might help!!!

Back