• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
i will be taking part as my support group is at Srh, its really down to the individual and how they feel about people knowing about there surgery, good luck to all thats took part x

Last edited:
I will be geting filmed by itv, i believe it is about operation pre_care and after care. I am quite happy to be filmed as i am the one who put myself in this situation of obiesity and getting it free on the nhs, the least i can do is let people see that the nhs is something we should be proud of .

I do truly hope it all goes well for you and your very altruistic motives.

Hi I have avoided being in front of any camera for years and I sometimes hide from old school friends as I am ashamed of how I look. No way would I go in front of a TV camera - I have watched those maternity programmes and very few people come out of this well. Stay away is my advice!

j.u.s.t.l.i.z. said:
i will be taking part as my support group is at Srh, its really down to the individual and how they feel about people knowing about there surgery, good luck to all thats took part x

hi liz are have you had the opp yet x

My surgery was never a secret. I find people who do the filming inspirational. If it could be that for others I'm all for it. I have known several people who were on fat surgeon's and I find them amazingly brave.

I think the tv companies are doing a good job fat surgeons / doctors. Was done really well and they were very brave to do it I don't think I could do that but I do help at my sleep apnoea clinic to do a group session once a month for new people using a cpap machine and help them a lot off them have weight problems too but are not going for surgery I never mention that part as its upto them but if anyone does ask I tell them my experience and show them wls site saying who good it is

hi liz are have you had the opp yet x

hiya hales i run the support group for srh i also have a page fopr srh patients that runs side by side to my monthly group, im a ex bander twice and im now a bypasser, feel free to add me to facebook via the F icon to the left of my posts and i will add you to my support group if you wish.

Liz xx

I am due to have an op this week to hopefully cure my stress incontinence. I had a call from the surgeon saying Embarassing fat bodies wanted to film it. I refused as my everyone would see my lady garden on their huge plasma tv's in glorious HD!!!! However, had it been for my bypass I would have said yes! Anyway, after I refused the surgeon said I probably wouldn't be fat enough anyway, lol.

I am due to have an op this week to hopefully cure my stress incontinence. I had a call from the surgeon saying Embarassing fat bodies wanted to film it. I refused as my everyone would see my lady garden on their huge plasma tv's in glorious HD!!!! However, had it been for my bypass I would have said yes! Anyway, after I refused the surgeon said I probably wouldn't be fat enough anyway, lol.

Omg I'm sorry but this did make me giggle :D:D
Hope all goes well with the op and no I really wouldn't want my undercarriage plastered across the nations wide screen TV's either.
Em xxx

I actually sent my details off to Embarrassing Fat Bodies as they asked for big folks to join in. That was before I decided to finally opt for surgery. Haven't heard back yet and I'm not sure I'd want to do it now, tbh.

j.u.s.t.l.i.z. said:
hiya hales i run the support group for srh i also have a page fopr srh patients that runs side by side to my monthly group, im a ex bander twice and im now a bypasser, feel free to add me to facebook via the F icon to the left of my posts and i will add you to my support group if you wish.

Liz xx

oh thank you i will add you once i get on laptop as im using my phone and limited to what i can do . Well i have been filmed today it was fine apart from i was.so hot and sweeting so bad on my face so going to look like a right minger lol. I got weigh and had lost over 7lb since group consultation . I now have to weight for letter from consultant was told aprox 5~6 months . Oh i need to get assessed for sleep ap and see psycologis about my eating habbits . Can u give me any advice liz on time scale ect x

Mr small rang me around October 2016, asking if i would like to appear in the next series filmed in the Sunderland royal as im a extremely rare and complex case It was a no, im quite a shy person, and also ive not told anyone im getting this done. As of yet ive not had my sleeve op got cancelled no beds!! :(

Back