• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

confused!! appointments like buses

jen1805

Hi guys I really don't know what to do, I was initially referred to Bournemouth hospital but after weeks of waiting my GP found out they had put bariatric surgery on hold and had no idea when they would resume, she Then referred me to The Spire Southampton they called me on Monday with an appointment for November 12th to see the bariatric nurse and surgeon Mr Byrne, today I received a letter asking if I would be interested in taking part in the by-band-sleeve study. Then I opened two letters from Bournemouth hospital offering me group session and nurse November 6th surgeon November 20th SO RUDDY CONFUSED!!!!!! What would you do????? Please help xxx

Jen, I'm with Spire just going through the process I saw the nurses who are doing the study and surgeon on the 9th October. I had a call two weeks later offering me pre operation appointment on the 5th November then I wait 3-4 DAYs and call surgeons secretary (Mandy) and we will agree a date which the surgeon advised will be before Xmas. I've decided not to take part in the study as I didn't want a band and when your details are entered in computer your options are band, bypass or sleeve apparently it's a computers program decision. Maybe call spire and speak to Mr Byrnes secretary Mandy. I don't Sanyo sway your decision however how long will you have to wait at Bournemouth? Make some calls Monday.

Thanks BBC you just said exactly what was going through my mind, I think I just panicked this morning lol but spoke to hubby too and he said he'd be happier if I went to the Spire too. And have also decided not to take part in the study as adamant I don't want a band. Fingers crossed for you to be home and dry before Xmas xxx

Had both my procedures done at The Spire, Southampton, two different surgeons and no complaints about either. Good luck with what you decide

I had my mini bypass at Spire Southampton 2 weeks ago. The care was extremely good and Mr Byrne is a lovely man; gives you all the details you need but isn't at all condescending or judgemental.

Back