• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

None alcoholic/sparkling/high sugar drinks.

pizzaman

Century Club
Hi, what do people drink when going out post surgery?

I don’t drink alcohol, drink plenty of water during the day but when going out feel need something more. Drinking coffee late at night affects my sleep (decaff not wildly available in bars?) Fruit juice high in sugar?

What options are left? Still water with a dash of cordial? J20 or similar in pint glass toped up with water?

What others non alcoholic drinks do people have on night out? (I am having a bypass on 28th Nov).

Real Ale is OK for me!

Hi Pizzaman

I am now 6 weeks plus since my bypass and on Saturday night I had ½ pint of Woodfords Wherry which is real ale bitter, and as most real ale’s is flat. I kept to just the one glass and it went down with no problems.

Stavros

I had my 1st alcohol drink at 8 months post op. Vodka and orange with looooads of ice and a Mohito with lots of ice.

Both drinks are still, I asked for the ice to dilute the drinks a bit, so they wouldn't be so strong.

A non-alcoholic tipple could be fruit juice with ice, lemon and a mint leaf......yummy :)

I don't drink alcohol get a hangover from the smell without drinking so steal clear of it, but in a pub or somewhere like I've had cranberry juice with ice which gradually dilutes it a bit but it has a nice flavour & no fizz. Delicious.

Try low cal tonic water with ice and lime or lemon it goes flat quick and looks like gin and tonic :)

I either have a glass of Council Pop, a tomato juice (if they have it )or an orange juice topped up with water. I ask them to do it 60% juice and 40% H2O- it's really refreshing

Back