• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Normal??

Mamfa

Hi all I am coming up to 3 weeks post op, and though I lost 19 pounds in the first two weeks my weight has not changed at all since I started the soft/mashed food stage. Is this normal???? It is so disheartening so early on :( I keep wondering if I am doing something wrong? :confused:

Yes Mamfa you are doing something wrong! You're expecting a weight loss miracle and it doesn't work that way....

We all have a stall post op, it's normal.

Continue to progress with your food and fluids and if you have started walking to get your strength and energy levels up it will all come together xx

Yes Mamfa you are doing something wrong! You're expecting a weight loss miracle and it doesn't work that way....

We all have a stall post op, it's normal.

Continue to progress with your food and fluids and if you have started walking to get your strength and energy levels up it will all come together xx

Not expecting a miracle just in uncharted territory and wasn't sure what 'normal' was in these circumstances. have been building up walking everyday for about a week so that's not an issue. expected a stall but hadn't considered it might happen so early on and was concerned I might be doing something wrong.

Not expecting a miracle just in uncharted territory and wasn't sure what 'normal' was in these circumstances. have been building up walking everyday for about a week so that's not an issue. expected a stall but hadn't considered it might happen so early on and was concerned I might be doing something wrong.

Sorry if i sounded a bit harsh, it wasn't intended that way. I personally have read so many posts on here (and probably done some myself) from newly post op people who think they are the one it didn't work for, whats gone wrong, etc, i just presumed others had read them too....

You have done really well weight loss wise so far, if you'd only lost a few lbs each week i'd be surprised at the weight stopping. But you had a good chunk come off initially. Just be patient and continue to aim for 2 litres of fluids a day and continue with your food.

Well done on starting with the walking, it all helps...

If you can keep away from weighing yourself for a couple of weeks i am sure you will have a very pleasant surprise. (Saying that i remember how addictive the scales are immediately post op) I know how hard it is to not weigh as we have all heard and read the stories of people routinely losing 4-5lbs a week and so long to be that person...

Sorry if i sounded a bit harsh, it wasn't intended that way. I personally have read so many posts on here (and probably done some myself) from newly post op people who think they are the one it didn't work for, whats gone wrong, etc, i just presumed others had read them too....

LOL I guess that is exactly what I was worrying about.....that I was the one it didn't work for. I think because WLS is a last chance at a normal life for most of us that the biggest fear is that it won't work...and then what? Though I can appreciate that if you have read many similar posts it must get annoying LOL.

Thanks for your encouragement and for confirming that i am in fact NORMAl ;-)

Need to try to minimise the scales activity and concentrate on living a healthy active life eh :)

Back