• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

really worried about weight

I'm 3 weeks post op and the scales still haven't moved from 23stone 6, sometimes it increases by 2 pounds.It has been like this since the second week! Am i doing something wrong, or is still early days? I feel like crying, feel like this wont work for me :(............I been so good, eating right etc...:cry:

Hi annie,

Dont worry, it will fall off. It has too! Your eating less and eating less sugary and fatty food. It will come off, just give it time. Everyones bodies are different so dont panic hun

Xx

dont worry hun im a pound heavier that yesterday and mine is very slow and am eating hardly anything, we will be ok hun xx

aw thanks bex, its so scary, i feel like i may have gone thru all this and dont lose any weight, so disappointing. I know its only 3 weeks, but wen i reach the 5 week mark, if i dont see changes i'm going to cry....

I am 5 weeks out tomorrow & only this week have I seen a loss but it is worth it ... it is seven pounds up to now. I have been a right misery (not really :)) waiting for the scales to budge to the point that they were banished to the garage, but my daughters are always in her bathroom so have been using them occasionally. Only the fact that they are not mine saved them from being chucked through the window :eek: So don't worry, it will happen but some people have to be a bit more patient than others :( xxx

aw thanks bex, its so scary, i feel like i may have gone thru all this and dont lose any weight, so disappointing. I know its only 3 weeks, but wen i reach the 5 week mark, if i dont see changes i'm going to cry....

dont worry love, be crying with ya if im the same to :8855:

HAHAHA twinkle, i feel to throw them far far away. It's also not helping when u step on the scale 2 times a day and get different numbers. Well done on your loss, can't imagine how you may have felt! Hopefully i'll lose this week! Fingers crossed! Did you have any pain, 3 weeks post op...I seem to have this weird straining, achy pain at the bottom of my stomach like i have been at the gym, but i havent done anything, its just appeared. Maybe its a delayed reaction to the op! Very painful to bend down! Knew i had it to good to be true :(

I'm 3 weeks post op and the scales still haven't moved from 23stone 6, sometimes it increases by 2 pounds.It has been like this since the second week! Am i doing something wrong, or is still early days? I feel like crying, feel like this wont work for me :(............I been so good, eating right etc...:cry:

There are quite a few of us like this at the moment Annie, I am struggling to get things moving, but not eating much at all. :(

All being well it will start to move soon. Fingers and toes crossed. :D

I am 5 weeks out tomorrow & only this week have I seen a loss but it is worth it ... it is seven pounds up to now. I have been a right misery (not really :)) waiting for the scales to budge to the point that they were banished to the garage, but my daughters are always in her bathroom so have been using them occasionally. Only the fact that they are not mine saved them from being chucked through the window :eek: So don't worry, it will happen but some people have to be a bit more patient than others :( xxx

Glad things have started to move for you Twinkle. I'm still waiting. :( Went for a really long walk today around Hollingowrth Lake and then called for some Sunday lunch. I managed to eat my turkey and veg. I donated the yorkshire pudding and roast pots to hubby who very kindly helped me out. :D

HAHAHA twinkle, i feel to throw them far far away. It's also not helping when u step on the scale 2 times a day and get different numbers. Well done on your loss, can't imagine how you may have felt! Hopefully i'll lose this week! Fingers crossed! Did you have any pain, 3 weeks post op...I seem to have this weird straining, achy pain at the bottom of my stomach like i have been at the gym, but i havent done anything, its just appeared. Maybe its a delayed reaction to the op! Very painful to bend down! Knew i had it to good to be true :(

Ah, bless ... there are so many pains post op due to them rummaging about wholesale in your tummy. Most at 3 weeks post op will be muscular but if you are still concerned in a few days, ring your team. I was a bit forgetful at this stage & lifted my grand daughter a few times so my pain was well earned :( Try to keep off the scales if you can ... every second day is still too much but better than twice a day, lol :eek: Hope it happens soon for you, sugar xxx :)

Glad things have started to move for you Twinkle. I'm still waiting. :( Went for a really long walk today around Hollingowrth Lake and then called for some Sunday lunch. I managed to eat my turkey and veg. I donated the yorkshire pudding and roast pots to hubby who very kindly helped me out. :D

They are really helpful, hubbies aren't they :rolleyes::rolleyes: Must admit I was starting to think they had just cut me open but not done any internal work :sigh: Just hope it continues for me & starts for you, honey ... my nurse says it can take 6 weeks for some people to show any loss due to the trauma inside. Good luck, sweetheart xxx :):)

They are really helpful, hubbies aren't they :rolleyes::rolleyes: Must admit I was starting to think they had just cut me open but not done any internal work :sigh: Just hope it continues for me & starts for you, honey ... my nurse says it can take 6 weeks for some people to show any loss due to the trauma inside. Good luck, sweetheart xxx :):)
you've had a slow start honey, but its gonna start flying off you soon:) xxx

Hi,

So glad I found this thread! I'm four and a bit weeks out and was so upset as my scales have only moved in the wrong direction for the last week.
What would I do without you wonderful people - feel so much better knowing I'm not alone :D

Here's to a good loss for all next week!

Moira

I was thinking that Twink. Maybe due to some internal swelling, some people retain water.

Fingers crossed those scales move for you soon Annie!!

I always found that when I was too heavy for my scales, (and therefore didn't keep jumping on and off seeing what difference that wee made) I lost more weight on a weekly basis, because I wasn't stressing about the myriad hourly daily and weekly fluctuations.

If you can be really brave and put the scales away until your weekly weigh-in, you may find better results. There is another thread on here challenging you to do that if you want to commit (rather than be committed!)

lol...I can totally understand. As a pre op (sounds wrong lol) I can look at it objectively. But man, if I was on the other side and not losing, I may be tempted to have thrown my scales on someones bonfire or attached them to a rocket lol

I am waiting to hear if I will be funded, so not op date as yet :( Trying to stay upbeat and optimistic.

lol...I can totally understand. As a pre op (sounds wrong lol) I can look at it objectively. But man, if I was on the other side and not losing, I may be tempted to have thrown my scales on someones bonfire or attached them to a rocket lol

I am waiting to hear if I will be funded, so not op date as yet :( Trying to stay upbeat and optimistic.
i hear ya girlfriend lol

lol!!! This waiting sucks!!

Back