• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

North Tees anyone??

kelly1

Hi All,

I was reffered by my doctor on Monday to Sunderland but after speaking to a few lovely ladies on here they informed me the waiting time was 2 years and North Tees may be better! So after speaking to my doctors again they have changed my referral to North Tees!! YEY!

Can anyone please shed some light on wait times and what the process is there please??

Thanks

Kelly :)

Hi All,

I was reffered by my doctor on Monday to Sunderland but after speaking to a few lovely ladies on here they informed me the waiting time was 2 years and North Tees may be better! So after speaking to my doctors again they have changed my referral to North Tees!! YEY!

Can anyone please shed some light on wait times and what the process is there please??

Thanks

Kelly :)

Hi Kelly,

Nice to 'meet' you.

I'm a North Tees patient, and am aware of several others on here too.though I am still familiarising myself with the site and getting to know people.
My own experience with the North Tees team so far has been very positive, and things have happened quickly.
I was referred in August.
Attended seminar in September, 19th I think, follow up by phone two days later and weight loss target set ( 7.7kgs)
Clinic appointment with dietician and bariatric nurse two weeks after that. Medical history taken and WLS preference discussed ( mine was sleeve)
November 27 - Review with Mr Gopinath, target weight achieved, they informed me that following discussion at the MDT they had decided a bypass would be the best option for me. I then underwent all the pre op assessment , ECG, bloods etc. Also session with dietician and given information for liver shrinking diet for 14 days pre op. informed surgery would be January.
November 30 - review with anaesthetist , all ok.
December 20 - Gastroscopy, yuk !

So I am now just waiting for a date. If I am fortunate to have the surgery in January, the whole process has taken 5 months, which is excellent, and I am very appreciative of that.

Yesterday I received an appointment for 8th January to attend a group session at the education centre for information about post op diet, was wondering if anyone else here has ?

Chris

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hi Kelly1. My signature more or less gives an indication on the timeline for North Tees. That said, I reckon the more weight loss you show them, the quicker you can go up the ladder.

hi kelly, sorry im not north tees but i am tyneside, rakelane. good luck with it all, we seem to move alot faster up here than the ladies down south.

I had gastric bypass 5/11/12 at james cook was referred in 2011 and 1st seen in may2012 1st date given was oct but was away think waiting lists there are quite quick now

Hi Kelly-just wondering if you have had an appointment for north tees as i am attending the first seminar tomorrow night wed 9th jan x Am excited but nervous!

Hi Kelly-just wondering if you have had an appointment for north tees as i am attending the first seminar tomorrow night wed 9th jan x Am excited but nervous!

Thanks everyone!

Hi Stephmack! Had a bit of a nightmare, rang north tees after new year to see when my appointment would be and that hadnt received my referral! So had to get back onto my drs to sort it again! So finally, they have got it and I have an appointment for the seminar on 23rd of jan! Can't wait!!! How did yours go? Just wondering what to expect! Did they give you any idea on times scales? How much do we have go loose before surgery? Xx

Back