• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

North Tees- questions??

kelly1

Hi All!

I had my seminar at North Tees on Wednesday, got my target set at 7kg and am now busy trying to shift that ASAP! Lol! They said at the seminar that I will have an appointment soon, I think with the dietician and the consultant? Is that right? They then said that I have 3 months to get to my target, but what if I get there quicker?? I've read loads on this site, and can see that people have had the op quicker than this! Can anyone shed some light? I'm working really hard already, an know I can loose this 7kg fairly quickly!! Xx

When you next see the dietician and consultant, they will check your weight then and if there's a good amount of progress made, they do tend to move you up the list.

Impress them and they'll impress you straight back. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply Joe! I'm working very hard so here's hoping I get moved up a little bit! Have you? X

Have you had your op then Jo? I had my app with the dietician last week and had lost 5kg in 2 weeks! Woohoo! They were chuffed and asked me to go back in 4 weeks to meet with consultant! Mr Gopinath also wants me to have endoscopy done b4 I see him so when I do I can go straight on the list! How long did ur op take from seeing the consultant? Any info appreciated x

Have you had your op then Jo? I had my app with the dietician last week and had lost 5kg in 2 weeks! Woohoo! They were chuffed and asked me to go back in 4 weeks to meet with consultant! Mr Gopinath also wants me to have endoscopy done b4 I see him so when I do I can go straight on the list! How long did ur op take from seeing the consultant? Any info appreciated x

Hi Kelly,

I saw Mr Gopinath on 1st December, had endoscopy on 20th December and got letter on 27th with a surgery date of 28th January.

Thanks guys! Ooo fast then! Seeing then next on 6th of march so I'm hoping for an April date! Sorry Jo can't see any signature at bottom? X

10th October 2012 - Seminar
checkmark%20green.gif

17th November 2012 - Bloods taken
checkmark%20green.gif

28th November 2012 - Mr Rao/ Dietician
checkmark%20green.gif

11th December 2012 - Pre assesment
checkmark%20green.gif

12th December 2012 - Endoscopy
checkmark%20green.gif

18th December 2012 - Review
checkmark%20green.gif

08th January 2013 - Pre/Post op diet seminar
checkmark%20green.gif

05th February 2013 - Bypass op.
king.gif

Is that better?

surgery tomorrow

Hi everyone,

I am going into North Tees tomorrow (18th) to have the bypass. I am scared excited and lots of other emotions all mixed into one. If any of you have had the bypass how long will i be in hospital for? Mr Rao and Mr Gopinath are my surgeons.

Thanks
J

Hi everyone,

I am going into North Tees tomorrow (18th) to have the bypass. I am scared excited and lots of other emotions all mixed into one. If any of you have had the bypass how long will i be in hospital for? Mr Rao and Mr Gopinath are my surgeons.

Thanks
J

Hi,
There's a few of us here that have had bypass recently at North Tees. Mine was three weeks ago tomorrow. Like you, went in on the Monday morning and was allowed home on the Wednesday night. It's lovely to get home to your own bed :) . I had Mr G and he is lovely, visited the ward twice a day.
Good luck for tomorrow, do let us know how you get on .
C x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi there all on the thread. Had my op at North Tees by Mr Rao. Never had any pain of any sort even on the day of the op and its changed my life. Never regretted having it done once tho I did have a few wobbles beforehand which is why it took me a bit longer.

6/2/13 First seminar appointment – weight loss goal 14lbs
27/5/13 Appointment for weight loss with surgeon (4lbs off goal)
10/6/13 Appointment for weight loss with Mr Gopinath (he said yes!!!)
13/8/13 Liver reduction diet started.

27/8/13 Surgery

29/8/13 Home

Back