• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not a happy girl.

Tyraboots

Today I have lost exactly 5 stones. My clothes feel as tight as they ever did, no one has noticed. Even my wedding ring is still tight.
I mentioned it to my dad, who replied, 'you didn't lose 5 stone, the hospital did it for you.'
When will people start to notice.
I am 19 and a half stones, for the first time in 8 years I am under 20 stone. :sigh:

Well ignore what everyone else thinks, you've done the hard work and you deserve the praise for losing 5 stone!! That's a huge achievement!

thats a great weight loss hun no matter what your dad says. it was you who did it, the hospital just helped by giving you the right tool to work with thats all. I was the same as you hun at 5 stone loss everything seemed the same and now another stone and half gone, there is a massive change in me just look at my pictures and my wedding ring is really lose so dont fret it will happen believe me xxxx

Tyra, did you take your measurements before you started? If you did, I'm sure you'll notice the difference. It would be impossible to lose five stone and not have differences in those inches. I bet your feet have noticed the difference! I think it's sometimes difficult to notice a loss of weight when you are big, but the smaller you get then the more you'll notice it (if that makes sense).

Tyra i know 12 yrs ago i lost six stone and to be honest i didnt notice the difference when i looked in the mirror but others did and it took about 4 stone before it made a difference to clothes.. and then another stone before they made comment.

Its hard for some people to say something when one of us 'bigger' girls have lost weight, not because they dont want to they aren't sure and dont want to cause offence if they're wrong...

Your dad was very naughty saying the hospital lost it for you! But this is the opinion of people who are not as informed as us who are or have taken that route. Give him time he'll notice that actually you do work hard at it and you have (as someone said) just being using the tool given you. Just like someone who goes to ww or sw and comes home with the bumph to read....

Plod on with it, i'm sure one day you are just gonna wake up and put something on you don't wear regularly (if your like me you have a 'fixed' wardrobe you rely on) and you will see the difference...

You are doing so fab, keep the faith xxx

5 stone is a massive achievement.

I wish I'd measured myself before I had my op - I weighed myself but never measured - the tape would have been too short for my hips

I have measured recently and the results were amazing - I couldn't believe the difference - I knew I had needed new underwear but I have lost about 30" off my hips.

My wedding ring was so tight it wouldn't come off!! Are you sure it's not looser? Cos it was one of the first things I did notice - it's too big now - waiting for a replacement ring till I can have it resized - cos everytime I think they have settled it gets looser.

I convince myself people didn't notice my weight loss but I think sometimes people are afraid to say anything in case one has some awful illness - it took ages for me to see any difference

Hold yourself tall and smile

You have loads to be proud of

Angela

Wow Tyra, you lost 21kgs on the milk diet? Sorry your dad is talking out his bum, you did that no flipping hospital!

Stand proud and have a little think...... was your wedding ring a bit tight before you started?

I'm sure you shouldn't be pi**** off at yourself. You're gonna rock! xxx

5 stones? Wow that is awesome and it is the reward for your hard work. Your dad was harsh, but just keep doing what you're doing and they will see the difference. Just give them time and meanwhile, congratulate yourself, you have achieved that amazing weight loss, you did it , and you should be very proud of yourself. Good luck.

I think people do notice, but unless they know you are trying to lose weight, they find it difficult to know what to say.

I have lost 5st 10 now, and most people at work dont know about my op. My supervisor asked me sheepishly just 2 weeks ago if I had lost weight and when I laughed and said yes, over 5 stone he didnt know what to say.

you have done brilliant to have lost five stones and dont let anyone tell you different ! as regards to things not feeling different maybe your fingers where no that big to start so dont need to change much and with clothes maybe they were to tight to start with now they fit perfect . Did you take some before pictures? i did from all angles lol and in some you can see a difference and in others you cant. I think as regards to people asking if you have lost weight some people dont like to mention it just in case you havent then worry about afending but it will come and maybe another stone will make all the difference , you can never tell until it starts to come off To be honest you know you have lost the 5 stone you can see it on the scales so be proud of how well you have done your the one who it matters too and im sure you will be feeling the benifits very soon x

Sod what everyone else thinks. Five stone is an amazing achievement and it wasnt the hospital that did it for you, they merely helped. It was you that was brave enough to go through the surgery and have to live everyday with the battle of getting your nutrients/protein etc. So give yourself a pat on the back and be proud of your amazing wonderful achievement.

It might be that the type of clothes you wear when you're at your biggest don't help either. I live in comfy jogging bottoms from Evans and one size will easily see me through several stone of weight loss without feeling different because they have an elasticated waist.

I'm more likely to notice the weight loss on my shoulders and chest first.

It might be that the type of clothes you wear when you're at your biggest don't help either. I live in comfy jogging bottoms from Evans and one size will easily see me through several stone of weight loss without feeling different because they have an elasticated waist.

I'm more likely to notice the weight loss on my shoulders and chest first.

Good thought yorkiegal.... Get yourself down to Evans and try on some outfits that haven't stretched with your waist over the years.... You may be surprised :) x

Tracy you have done brilliantly and should be proud of yourself. I am sure people have noticed and just not said anything. As for your dad would he have said that ww or sw did it for you if you had lost 5 stone with them. You have worked really hard and we are all proud of you.

Hi,

Dont worry about it at all - I have lost 7 stone in 4 months and no one has said anything. I think they dont really know what to say especially as I havent told anyone other than family about the op.

xx

Today I have lost exactly 5 stones. My clothes feel as tight as they ever did, no one has noticed. Even my wedding ring is still tight.
I mentioned it to my dad, who replied, 'you didn't lose 5 stone, the hospital did it for you.'
When will people start to notice.
I am 19 and a half stones, for the first time in 8 years I am under 20 stone. :sigh:
Bless you have done so well, loosing weight can be a bit mind blowing, i have only lost 11 kilos no where near your amount and putting some clothers on they have become very loose, but i dont feel lighter and other clothers feel as tight, I am pleased to have found someone on this site who has had a bypass at luton has my date for surgery is 17th june i am deciding wether to have the sleeve or bypass?
you have done so well, keep your spirit up
Linda

Back