• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band to Bypass Whittington

Meera ANJALI

Hi All

I'm Meera from north London and I'm 28

At 21 I was 21 stones

8 years ago I had a gastric band privately at the whittington hospital by Mr Majid Hashemi who was a nightmare so after a while with him I went to see shaw sommers and after a 6 year struggle I lost 5 stones and then my band slipped I have put on a stone now stuck at 18 stone with constant pain, nausea and acidity.

I have now been reffered to the whittington under Dr Sufi my first appointment is in October, my gp has already applied for funding and has it approved but now as I am in pain I have to see my gp on Monday to speed this up. As I am now under nhs they recommended to use forums such as this.

Any advice or help or insight on what I am going to expect i would really appreciate as I'm terrified but just want it to happen already

Thanks

Meera

Hello Meera
welcome to the site im afraid I cant help but im sure someone can very soon
all the best in getting what you desire

Hi All I'm Meera from north London and I'm 28 At 21 I was 21 stones 8 years ago I had a gastric band privately at the whittington hospital by Mr Majid Hashemi who was a nightmare so after a while with him I went to see shaw sommers and after a 6 year struggle I lost 5 stones and then my band slipped I have put on a stone now stuck at 18 stone with constant pain, nausea and acidity. I have now been reffered to the whittington under Dr Sufi my first appointment is in October, my gp has already applied for funding and has it approved but now as I am in pain I have to see my gp on Monday to speed this up. As I am now under nhs they recommended to use forums such as this. Any advice or help or insight on what I am going to expect i would really appreciate as I'm terrified but just want it to happen already Thanks Meera

Hi Meena, hang in there hon. I know it sucks

I had the stupid band in 2001 and my body just did not accept the damn thing. Fast forward to 2013 where I had it removed at St. Mary's hospital and I feel so much better. Unfortunately, I have not tackled my weight problem so now I'm hoping to get the Bypass.

My advice is to be patient and don't give up. Also write down any questions you have so you don't miss anything.

Very best of luck hon ?

Welcome & good luck with your journey xxx

I know a couple of people that have had bypasses under Dr Sufi & all good things I have heard :)

I am not far from there but am under the UCLH & loving my sleeve so far!

Back