• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OK - I need a bit of help and advice

ladylite

Well I am going on holiday to Egypt on 5th November and it will be hot there then.

I am 8 weeks post op and have lost 3 stone going down from a very tight 22 (say 23) to now a tight 18 (say 19) now.

I need to buy some clothes for my holiday, as you know they summer stuff, is already being removed from the stores but I dont know what size to buy. I cant wait til nearer the time cause they wont be in the stores for much longer.

Anyone got any idea, I was hoping for a 14 but am not sure I am being too optomistic cause I know my weight loss may slow down.

It will about 3 1/2 months before I go.

Last edited:
Mary - if you shop online you'll find you can buy summer clothes any time of year ! I'm going to the Maldives in January but am not going to shop for my holiday clothes until later in the year. I have no idea what size I'll be by then !

What about careful choosing of the styles that can take you through a couple of sizes, for example maxi dresses that you could buy tight and still wear when they flow a bit more, also the same with those summer swing tops. A lot of summer dresses have self tie belts at the back that you can pull in and make smaller if you have to.

Also have you thought about borrowing clothes from friends who might be the same size.

Another option is to buy on ebay, wait until September when no one wants summer clothes and you can get some items for a few quid and therefore not much lost if they are not the right size

yeah theres a website called bonprix.co.uk you can buy summer clothes from there all year round - plus all the regular catalogues. I wouldnt be too hasty buying clothes just yet coz it will be imposable trying to guess your weight in 3 months time and id hate to think you had baught loads of nice clothes and then not be able to wear them on holiday. dont panick you will sort it out nearer the time xxxxx p.s :- if only i could have had my bypass by now.... you mite av been able to fit me in your suitcase, hehe x

Its really impossible to say Mary but I would always suggest ebay as its been my lifesaver as clothes are often new and cost a fraction of their cost in the shop and you can bin em with joy when the time comes.

Hope you have a lovely hols

M

Ebay all the way :) xx

Back