• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not a nice topic

cheekybum

I have been on the pre op diet for 2 weeks and this weekend i have had the worst diarrhoea and my head feel like it is going to come off my shoulders, I have tried immodium to no success, it been going on for 5 days now and all i am eating is a little scrambled egg and a yoghurt not that it stays in the system for too long ! Has anybody else had these problems if so how long do they last or should i go and see my gp? Thanks

It wouldn't do any harm to speak to your GP in my opinion... keep drinking loads of water to avoid dehydration... but make a phone call... it's far better to check things out if you are unsure...

Please keep us posted... sending love and a hug and I do hope you start to feel better very soon.

Love from Bev xxx

hoping you feel better soon sweets x

My pre-op diet made me go lots too, but it may be wise to go and see your gp if you are too concerned. As Bev said drink loads of water to avoid dehydration.
And stay by a bathroom ;) xxxx

Let us know what the doc says and get better soon x

CB, so sorry you're suffering can't suggest much - I usually have the opposite problem
More water for the headaches perhaps & maybe some iron supplement to slow you down & build your reserves of iron up for the post-op period
-Hope you feel better soon

Hope you start feeling better soon xxx

Thanks guys, well the trots have finally eased a bit, i have managed to keep up a tuna roll and a boiled egg, the headache is still there which i will call the doctor in the morning and hopefully get an appointment for, as my eyes feel like they are going to explode and i never have suffered from headaches. Hopefully another couple of days and it will be gone, if icarry on eating so little before my op i wont need it, i feel like i am wasting away LOL XX

Back