• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op 4 week milk diet help.....

Sarahlou123

Have you tried mixing your milk with the jelly to make like a blancmange? Haven't done it myself but some people found it made the jelly much nicer.

Thanks for the suggestion but I have checked with my dietician and I am not able to have jelly. not even sugar free. she also said no to the nad crusha :( just plain milk and bovril for me.. thanks anyway hannah

Hannah2

Thanks for the suggestion but I have checked with my dietician and I am not able to have jelly. not even sugar free. she also said no to the nad crusha :( just plain milk and bovril for me.. thanks anyway hannah
Oh my goodness, that is strict! Sorry about that.

Just think of the sense of achievement though when you have done it and had your op and your liver was in the best possible state it could be in - which means it was safer for you to have the op.

AndyMc1978

I understand the reason we all need to do the LRD but i cannot get my head around how wildly different every provider is with their diets. It doesn't look like it gets much clearer after surgery either with some people on liquid only and others on puree straight off the bat (which thankfully my hospital is) or what form the supplements should be taken in etc..

FeeBee

Cadburys72

Hi sarahlou, I'm nearly a year post op from my bypass, after day 4 of my pre op milk diet I felt very ill . Spoke to the pre op assessment nurse and she said I did the right thing contacting her as not everyone can manage it. She emailed me a new diet which consisted of food. I'm not saying it's the same at your hospital I was at queen Alexandra Portsmouth. But don't struggle no harm in asking. Good luck xx