• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op 4 week milk diet help.....

Sarahlou123

Hi all,
I am on day 5 if my preop milk diet. I have surgery in just over 3 weeks.
I have been so good so far but I'm really struggling tonight. I just want food so bad. Not anything bad just a.little cherry tomatoes or a scrambled egg.. :( it doest help that i can't seem to stomach my bovril anymore is this a problem if I don't have the bovril ?
I should have 4 pints milk 1 fat free yoghurt and 1 bovril. nothing else.
Anyone else going through their pre op milk diet?
Thanks

Hi all,
I have been so good so far but I'm really struggling tonight. I just want food so bad. Not anything bad just a.little cherry tomatoes or a scrambled egg.. :( it doest help that i can't seem to stomach my bovril anymore is this a problem if I don't have the bovril ?
Thanks
Hiya I'm on day 13 of milk only and bovril, you do need the bovril for salt but I have missed it on the odd day purely just out of forgetfulness. Hang in there you are doing great and it does get easier after 1 week. My bypass is in 3 days so I'm counting down the end of Milk and am looking forward to the op although a bit scared. I used no added sugar Crusha in my milk to give it a bit of flavour, that helps a lot. Keep going and good luck for December.

Hi sorry you are struggling, the first 4 days or so are the worst - keep focused on why you are doing this, it is not about how much weight you lose on this diet, it is about shrinking your liver to make your surgery safer. The thing to remember is that you could do two full weeks being good on diet but one bad meal off plan could undo a lot of your good work.

How are you having your milk? With coffee, nas crusha? I didn't have just milk on my diet but others on here did - do some searches to see what they had in their diaries.

The bovril will be there to give you salt in your diet - others might be able to suggest alternatives. If you are really struggling give your team a ring and speak to them

Best to distract yourself, keep busy, go to bed early, drink lots of water!

Good luck!

Thanks so much hannah2
Well I am having the milk exactly how it comes. I didn't realise there could be things to add to it. I will do some research.
Thanks for your kind words. I am determined to do this it's just a lot harder than I thought.
I see you have had the bypass. I'm having bypass too. how are you now and when did you have surgery?
Xx

I agree with hanna, just keep focused and think about what 2017 is all about I know it's hard but no-one ever said it would-be easy just keep the faith it will truly be worth it and keep coming on here for support!

I put post it notes and photos of me that I hated in the kitchen/on the fridge to remind me to keep focussed.

@Sarahlou123 if you are using your phone to view the site turn your phone to landscape instead of portrait - you will see people's stats on the left of their posts and the signatures under their posts.

My surgery was August 25th and I have lost over 3 stone since the lrd. I am not a massively fast loser but it is coming off which is the important thing. I am doing ok, I have bad moments physically and mentally - I have had episodes where food gets stuck which is unpleasant but it usually lasts a few hours and you get over it! There is a lot of adjustment with food - pushing yourself to try new things, getting used to small portions and even harder is realising that you can't eat all that small portion! It is a steep learning curve but this is what we signed up for! I think I had my first dumping episode on Friday when I just literally fell asleep for two hours in the armchair - couldn't keep awake. That was after a protein drink!

On the positive side, It feels good to be dropping the clothes sizes And seeing your body change.

Oh yes, you can add to the milk! Large lattes as long as you don't use sugar and definitely use "No added sugar crusha" for a milkshake!

Where are you having your surgery?

Hiya I'm on day 13 of milk only and bovril, you do need the bovril for salt but I have missed it on the odd day purely just out of forgetfulness. Hang in there you are doing great and it does get easier after 1 week. My bypass is in 3 days so I'm counting down the end of Milk and am looking forward to the op although a bit scared. I used no added sugar Crusha in my milk to give it a bit of flavour, that helps a lot. Keep going and good luck for December.
Wishing you the best of luck for the op. keep me updated.
Thanks for your reply. it helps a lot
Xx

@Sarahlou123 if you are using your phone to view the site turn your phone to landscape instead of portrait - you will see people's stats on the left of their posts and the signatures under their posts.

My surgery was August 25th and I have lost over 3 stone since the lrd. I am not a massively fast loser but it is coming off which is the important thing. I am doing ok, I have bad moments physically and mentally - I have had episodes where food gets stuck which is unpleasant but it usually lasts a few hours and you get over it! There is a lot of adjustment with food - pushing yourself to try new things, getting used to small portions and even harder is realising that you can't eat all that small portion! It is a steep learning curve but this is what we signed up for! I think I had my first dumping episode on Friday when I just literally fell asleep for two hours in the armchair - couldn't keep awake. That was after a protein drink!

On the positive side, It feels good to be dropping the clothes sizes And seeing your body change.

Oh yes, you can add to the milk! Large lattes as long as you don't use sugar and definitely use "No added sugar crusha" for a milkshake!

Where are you having your surgery?

Wow hanna2 that is an amazing weightloss.
Thanks again for replying it really helps.
Can't wait to try some krusha. milk is becoming a struggle. on 2 occasions now I have been sick. is this something to do with the Kilkeel or just hunger?

I am having my op in Walsall. where did you have yours?
X

When I was doing my milk diet no added sugar chocolate crusha saved me. Plain milk just got so boring, so the chocolate hit the spot.

Good luck, the milk diet can be hard, but it's so worth it.

Wishing you the best of luck for the op. keep me updated.
Thanks for your reply. it helps a lot
Xx
Hi Sarahlou, thanks will let you know how it goes. Just FYI I found Tescos stock all 4 flavours of NAS Crusha, chocolate, vanilla, strawb and raspberry, whereas Asda, Morrisons only stock strawberry in the no added sugar.

Hi all,
Thanks

Hi Sarahlou I am on day 6 of 14 on the milk diet and completely sympathise with you. I have found the chicken bovril is lovely and is the closest thing that i have to real food (tastes like a nice chicken soup) otherwise the Lamb OXO cubes are pretty good too.

Hi Sarahlou I am on day 6 of 14 on the milk diet and completely sympathise with you. I have found the chicken bovril is lovely and is the closest thing that i have to real food (tastes like a nice chicken soup) otherwise the Lamb OXO cubes are pretty good too.

Hi Andy.
I underestimated just how hard this would be although it is getting easier day by day, I'm on day 8 now of 28 :( my surgery is 7th December. when is your surgery date? x

Sorry you are finding it hard @Sarahlou123

Keep posting when you are struggling, we have all been there although I didn't have to do 28 days so I don't envy you there.

It really is worth it, it is one of the hardest things you will do, but keep focussed on why!

Keep going @Sarahlou123 you can and will do it. I think a lot of people find it helps to vent and know we do get it (plus we won't tell you to go eat cake or that it's your fault since you want WLS - seen people talk about getting that response elsewhere!)
It will be worth it x

Hi Andy.
I underestimated just how hard this would be although it is getting easier day by day, I'm on day 8 now of 28 :( my surgery is 7th December. when is your surgery date? x
I am booked in for 26th November so not long now. I have not found the LRD as hard as i thought although the first couple of days i would have killed for food, but i have found it very boring. I love different tastes like spices or herbs but the milk diet is very bland. I am allowed 1 pint of NAS jelly each day but if i am honest i dont really enjoy it so have not bothered for the most part. My chicken Bovril on the other hand is the highlight of my day lol

I am booked in for 26th November so not long now. I have not found the LRD as hard as i thought although the first couple of days i would have killed for food, but i have found it very boring. I love different tastes like spices or herbs but the milk diet is very bland. I am allowed 1 pint of NAS jelly each day but if i am honest i dont really enjoy it so have not bothered for the most part. My chicken Bovril on the other hand is the highlight of my day lol

Wow not long to go for you then.
Chicken bovril... must try it as I'm absolutely fed up of the beef bovril. I would kill for jelly. they haven't mentioned it to me. :(
Well I wish you the best for your surgery. keep in touch and let me know how you get on xx

Have you tried mixing your milk with the jelly to make like a blancmange? Haven't done it myself but some people found it made the jelly much nicer.

Back