• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not for the sqimmish or easily offended

tubbytutor

Hi fellow banders
Please do not read this if body functions freak you out!!

Some of you may recall that I asked last week about some awful pain I had. Many thanks to those of you that sent some suggestions. Anyway the pain went away so I did nothing!!

Then last night the pain started again. Not a fraction of the pain but in the same place, I also felt sick. Today I have been feeling like I need the loo loads, but when I go I just produce mucus. Being an avid Internet user I looked this up and there were suggestions about infection in the bowels. Now I feel OK today but did wonder if the band could be causing an infection?

Any one any experience of this??

i think we often automatically assume the band is to blame when things happen, you need to speak to your provider and then approach thr gp, because you need to get this checked out to make sure

Hi, no offence, but if you stick to one thread on the topic instead of starting a new one, it would make it easier for those who missed your previous posts to know what you're on about! ;)

Have you ever suffered from Irritable Bowel Syndrome? That's what it sounds like to me, especially the mucus part and terrible pain. A change of diet like the one undertaken post-surgery could easily trigger it too.

Get some Buscopan from the chemist and give it a try next time you get an episode, if it works, then odds are pretty high that it's IBS but you'd need to make sure to get it confirmed by your GP.

Are you keeping a food diary? It would be worth it to see if the problem gets triggered by certain foods (often gluten-related in a lot of people).

Back