• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ANOTHER INFECTION

BlueDiamond

Hi Guys and Gals

As most of you know I had Navel infection last week and Once again I am on antibiotics for another infection. Have been given, Miconazole and hydro-cortisone, not in pain or anything but foul smell and weeping, can anyone shed any light if they have had this post op and did the cream work for them - Thanks in advance - Julie xx

Ive not had any navel probs post op!
What I found helped was to wash with Femfresh,dry.then dry with a hairdryer!Dust with Femfresh talc free powder.Keep foods with yeast to a minimum.Its yeast that encourages infections in folds,vagina,navel etc.

Oh dear Julie. Sounds awful. I am a great fan of talc for making sure any folds of skin are kept as dry as possible. I use baby talc.

tranquil x

Hope you're feeling better soon.xx

Hope your feeling better soon x

Ohh no, not another one. Poor thing. If I ever get any infections like that I use Zink and Castor oil cream. Soothing and clears up the infection too. I know this sounds yucky but I wouldnt mind betting that some of that brown stuff that they paint you with has gone down your tummy button when they were doing the operation and has started to go yucky and that was what started the infection in there. I dont know where the other one is, is it under your tummy? Put zinc and castor oil on it, it will go away. Its sticky but it makes it feel much better.
Hope it gets sorted soon for you. PS if it is yeast infection, use a different flannel and towel for that area than the rest of you.
Lynne x

Had that sort of thing before I ever had surgery mainly under breasts/navel and under tummy flap best way I can describe smell is to say "yeasty" not a fan of hydrocortisone but miconazole should work on yeast based infections, did doc do a swab on it to exclude bacterial cause?
After the usual washing/drying (clean seperate towel) have in past used a tea tree cream both shop bought and homemade (antiseptic plus few drops tea tree oil) which is antibacterial and that has calmed it down within hours, I did quite a bit of research on benefits of tea tree so thats why I am happy to use it, but thats my choice.
Hope it gets sorted soon.

Had that sort of thing before I ever had surgery mainly under breasts/navel and under tummy flap best way I can describe smell is to say "yeasty" not a fan of hydrocortisone but miconazole should work on yeast based infections, did doc do a swab on it to exclude bacterial cause?

No swab taken :rolleyes:

I get this frequently, my gp gives me trimovate cream which works in a day or two. When it first starts I clean it with savlon liquid every morning then use the trimovate a couple of times per day. For me it's going to keep occurring until I get the skin removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

i got this lots .... not had op yet but was given strong anti biotic tablets for something else and it clear that up = not had it since either. creams defo didnt work for me xx

I get this frequently, my gp gives me trimovate cream which works in a day or two. When it first starts I clean it with savlon liquid every morning then use the trimovate a couple of times per day. For me it's going to keep occurring until I get the skin removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

i got this lots .... not had op yet but was given strong anti biotic tablets for something else and it clear that up = not had it since either. creams defo didnt work for me xx

1ThankYoukittinbagMC-vi.jpg

Hope very much it clears up soon Jules!! Your journey has been so full of ups and downs xxx

More ups then anything NeeN, when I had my port resighted even though I was pee'd off at the time coz I couldnt have me fill , they did recitify it asap and have been losing the weight and the bands being doing its job, so as far as I am concerned its been a success , Ty for your post xxx

Back