• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NOT HAPPY HOSPITAL GONE BUST

ginzeh

i had a gastric balloon this time last month, been asking for a fill as never got full fill of 450 i had 300 as i live far away and it was better to see if my body would not reject the balloon once i was fine, to ring up and book in a fill, all week ive been ringing them and theyve tokd me they'll ring back, well today a woman rang back and said all staff have been made redundant and hospital has closed theyve gone bust.

im so upset and dont know what to do, paid 2500 cash 2400 finance with them!

its no bbc and itn news website too =(

i just want to cry as what happens with my support, fills, dietcian, removal now!?

OMG you poor thing hope you get some good advise soon. xxx

Sorry to hear about your problems. One thing that occurs is that you should check all your paperwork. Is the finance company liable for anything as credit cards are, and is there insurance backing for your package? If company gone bust, company/administrators surely have some moral responsibility towards you. It may take some time to get anywhere, as they will deal with immediate fallout first.

Really sorry to hear this. Please don't worry surely worse case scenario you will just have to pay for fills at another hospital. I'm not sure how much for a balloon but I'm £60 a fill for a band xxx

Look on the bright side - at least you may not have to pay back the finance?! I'm sure someone else will be more than happy to pick you up for your after care and fill - the expensive bit has been done. Good luck xxx

did you pay by card you my be able to claim it back through your card if you did. hope you get sorted soon x

The same goes if it was payed for by finance or any of the fee was paid by credit card.

Hi found out fills are £600!

Administrators have said nothing they can do my problem and credit card/finance company said haha basically! They're apparently sending forms out!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Have seen adds from the spire offering fills for a lot less than that. better shop around. that clinic quoted me £1000 for a gastroscopy which i had as part of my pre op tests in prague for £100.

Fill for a balloon?! I can only find 2 companies who do my Spatz balloon one of them was one has gone bust!! I wouldn't go abroad tbh x

Because its classed ad cosmetic surgery I have nothing to claim for credit card or the loan +(

It's a setback Ginzeh but stay positive and explore every possibility.
Can your local NHS Hospital/ Trust continue the treatment?

hi daddymack, nhs wont as they dont do the spatz balloon =( i just feel at square 1 deeply upset and depressed. i have been emotional eating crap which isnt good for past few days. just utter waste now, i dont know what to do. cant get money back, cant afford to go elsewhere and have to try and raise some money from somewhere or get a 2nd job to even pay for it to be removed.

sucks being a single mum who works hard, had the light at the end of the tunnel for it to disappear.

Try to stay strong and positive Ginzeh, there are many more avenues that you can investigate including Citizens Advice, Your Bank to liaise with the Creditors to get you a refund or even your local MP. Let your GP know what has happened, hopefully they may feel sympathetic enough to arrange a swift and immediate referral for you. But don't give up - get in everyone's faces and let them know you will not lie down and accept this. Keep us updated and remember we're all rooting for you

So sorry i knew they did the spatz balloon but did not realise they had to be filled. i dont know what to say now as such a let down

Hi, after over a month fighting am not entitled to anything from anyone and have had to pay out another £1000 just for a fill of the balloon, been very depressed recently and have had no weightloss whatsoever. I am hoping with this new company they'll give me what I need! I am so upset I've wasted £5000 on the company before for nothing, still will have to pay to have it removed in September too! =( I am praying this company is good and WON'T go bust either!!!! They've been great and helped me and agreed to take me on at a reduced price, usually fill is £1600!

Thanks for ur comments,

Credit card, namely barclay card, no one English on the phones to understand what the hell I'm on about had to go in the bank and demand to be seen and sent
Papers, papers took 2 weeks to arrive to make a claim but as it's "cosmetic" am not able to get any money back. As for the finance loan which was thru the hospital and money directly to them am still having to pay although my services haven't been met with what I'm paying for, administrators for the hospital cannot give me any money back as hospital has none.

Have gone directly to surgeon who inserted balloon and not heard anything for 3 weeks and rang today apparently will ring me yet again, but will not pursue rest of the service!

Thought I'd update x

Back