• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My meeting with Walsall Manor Hospital today

Tranquil, the person i suspect you are talking about was only days before you in terms of pre ops so i keep everything crossed for you. The person i know who had pre op Mar/Apr has had a date for 24 Oct.. So things are moving!

Tranquil, the person i suspect you are talking about was only days before you in terms of pre ops so i keep everything crossed for you. The person i know who had pre op Mar/Apr has had a date for 24 Oct.. So things are moving!

I am glad the person who had their pre ops in April has a date. The other person had their second pre op the day before me. I will sit and wait - they will make me feel the pain of daring to complain!

tranquil

I have just read this post with increasing horror and sadness for all of you caught up in this appalling mess. And particularly for you Tranquil.
I just want to express my admiration of you in fighting so hard; and my hopes that you get your date soon.

I have just read this post with increasing horror and sadness for all of you caught up in this appalling mess. And particularly for you Tranquil.
I just want to express my admiration of you in fighting so hard; and my hopes that you get your date soon.

Thanks Charis. It has been an interesting experience and I have learnt a lot from it. However for the sake of my health and that of Mr TB who is battling with his own serious health problems I am going to step away.

tranquil

Does anyone see moving to the new building improving things any? Just wondered if the pending move had affected the process for us?? Hoping more like!!!!!!

Tranquil - you deserve a rest after the trauma's of the last few months. I still pray you get your date soon.

Linski xxx

Does anyone see moving to the new building improving things any? Just wondered if the pending move had affected the process for us?? Hoping more like!!!!!!

Tranquil - you deserve a rest after the trauma's of the last few months. I still pray you get your date soon.

Linski xxx

Now the new building is interesting. After the meeting the complaints manager ( who is very nice by the way) was talking about it. It seems it is mostly housing the admin side of things and some section for diagnostics. There are no new wards and those will come in the next few years as they demolish the rest of the hospital in phases. Apparently it is a 15 year project - which could of course go in the spending cuts. Apparently they are going to refurb some of the older wards but that is about it. I said after she explained this - so all you have is a nice 'front' - she didn't answer me but her face said it all... So in answer to your question Lin - not it will make no difference whatsoever - sorry!

tranquil

Linski xxx

Erm I think not so far I have had 3 dates for my gall bladder op - one back in August for 14th Oct, one Wednesday for 20th October and then when I went for my pre op assessment today I was told that yesterday they had changed it to 18th October. I am under Mr Khan to have it done because of the complications I had during my bypass.

The words knees up and brewery spring to mind.

Tranquil, I really hope that you get your date soon, and I am sorry that the meeting didn't turn out how we all hoped it would. At least you have done everything in your power and can't have any what if moments. You and Mr TB both need to relax and take it easy a bit now as you need to be both physically and mentally ready for your op.

Hope to see you soon

Tx x x

Erm I think not so far I have had 3 dates for my gall bladder op - one back in August for 14th Oct, one Wednesday for 20th October and then when I went for my pre op assessment today I was told that yesterday they had changed it to 18th October. I am under Mr Khan to have it done because of the complications I had during my bypass.

The words knees up and brewery spring to mind.

Tranquil, I really hope that you get your date soon, and I am sorry that the meeting didn't turn out how we all hoped it would. At least you have done everything in your power and can't have any what if moments. You and Mr TB both need to relax and take it easy a bit now as you need to be both physically and mentally ready for your op.

Hope to see you soon

Tx x x

Thanks Terri. Gosh what is happening with your appointment sounds like something out of a carry on film - I really cannot understand how they keep getting things so wrong. Hope the op goes well - I know you have been waiting a very long time.

tranquil

Thanks Terri. Gosh what is happening with your appointment sounds like something out of a carry on film - I really cannot understand how they keep getting things so wrong. Hope the op goes well - I know you have been waiting a very long time.

tranquil

Thanks Tranquil I've been waiting 18 months what with dr hartlands cock ups. The most scarey things was the nurse who I saw today said its common place and I'm lucky as I've found out before hand some people only find out when they turn up and are told they should have in the week before and are sent home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The letter they printed off for me at clinic tells me a different time to the letter I received in the post. So even that they can't get right.

I Just wanted to Bring this post back up!

My heart sincerely lies with Tranq, if i could get her an appointment i would..

I don't know what order they are working in.. as it surely isn't pre-op dates..

And it certainly isn't medical priority..

(Fingers crossed as always for you, Tranq)

Marie x

Back