• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not like last Boxing night

rudders

Don't know if anyone remembers but I posted on boxing night last year very upset that I stayed in as I felt too fat to go to a family party.
Some kind words were said like " wait til next year you'll be belle of the ball"
Well here we are, 8.5 stone lighter in my high heels in my party dress feeling a million dollars.
There really is a new life waiting for all you newbies xxx

I cant wait for my new life to start! I was just sitting here thinking the same thing god willing it will be me next year saying the same thing !

great news just proves there is light at the end of what can be a very long tunnel

This post has made me feel so much better if not a tad emotional. Thank you for posting.
I've not seen any of my friends for 10 months as felt too fat and embarrassed after stacking on tonnes of weight since having my baby. Most people would assume weight drops off afterwards. Not me though. Turns out my band is in the wrong place (has been for a long time but undiagnosed) try explaining the workings of a Lapband to those that don't have weight issues is impossible!
I feel like I'm in limbo and the world is turning without me. Sociable girl turned recluse. It's not fair on my kids so I'm going to turn my life around with a revision to bypass.
Next Boxing Day I will be surrounded by friends and enjoying the festivities :) can't wait!

What a lovely inspirational story!!! I'm due to have a sleeve on 3rd jan so hopefully next year I will be where u r this year!! Well done!!! X

What a lovely inspirational story!!! I'm due to have a sleeve on 3rd jan so hopefully next year I will be where u r this year!! Well done!!! X
Thank you and good luck xxx
I honestly feel like a new me, I'm so happy and healthy!!!

Attachments

• image-3297242879.jpg
    image-3297242879.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 148
Wow amazing xx

OMG rudders!!!! You look amazing!!!! Well done!!!! I bet you feel like a different lady??? I hope to be able to post such pics next year!!! I can't wait for my surgery - I know that sounds odd, but I bet you know how I am feeling??!! U are truly an inspiration - thank you x

OMG rudders!!!! You look amazing!!!! Well done!!!! I bet you feel like a different lady??? I hope to be able to post such pics next year!!! I can't wait for my surgery - I know that sounds odd, but I bet you know how I am feeling??!! U are truly an inspiration - thank you x
I totally get how you're feeling, you just wanna get started on the process and your head is ready!
I remember seeing before and after pics and thinking it'd never work that well for me.
I can move and breath, keep clean everywhere - sorry if too graphic.
Everyday something new happens like putting on tights, painting toe nails, noticing the gap between steering wheel and belly, fitting into "normal" shop clothes. It's all so brilliant.
Enjoy every step of this new you, even the difficult bits as they all form part of the whole.
Xxx

I must say rudders, I am finding it very difficult to imagine myself slimmer - I have always been big (well since I had my tonsils out at the age of 3), I have never lost weight, have only just gone up and up!! I have no different sized clothes in my wardrobe that I 'will be able to get back into', so I am really looking forward to getting some new clothes in smaller sizes - and can't wait for the day when I can go into 'an ordinary' shop and buy clothes!!!! (I haven't bought any new clothes for a while as I knew I was having this op and didn't want to waste money) I have had money and vouchers from family for Christmas so I can go clothes shopping!!!!
I am glad I'm not the only one who likes to feel 'clean' !!!! I have at least 1shower everyday, I couldn't stand the thought that I might smell !!! I find slim people don't really understand, I guess it's cause the stereotype of 'a fat person' is being lazy and smelly and I don't want to be that!!!!
Can I ask what op you had? I'm having a sleeve. I'm nervous about the op - mainly that I won't wake up!!!! I have a hubby and two children 8yrs and 5yrs, and don't want "to leave them", I am also a bit worried about the pain afterwards - I don't think I have a very high pain threshold!!! But I am expecting pain and to feel rough for a good few days - and expecting not to be able to shower for at least a day - that worries me the most!!! Hehehehe xx

I must say rudders, I am finding it very difficult to imagine myself slimmer - I have always been big (well since I had my tonsils out at the age of 3), I have never lost weight, have only just gone up and up!! I have no different sized clothes in my wardrobe that I 'will be able to get back into', so I am really looking forward to getting some new clothes in smaller sizes - and can't wait for the day when I can go into 'an ordinary' shop and buy clothes!!!! (I haven't bought any new clothes for a while as I knew I was having this op and didn't want to waste money) I have had money and vouchers from family for Christmas so I can go clothes shopping!!!!
I am glad I'm not the only one who likes to feel 'clean' !!!! I have at least 1shower everyday, I couldn't stand the thought that I might smell !!! I find slim people don't really understand, I guess it's cause the stereotype of 'a fat person' is being lazy and smelly and I don't want to be that!!!!
Can I ask what op you had? I'm having a sleeve. I'm nervous about the op - mainly that I won't wake up!!!! I have a hubby and two children 8yrs and 5yrs, and don't want "to leave them", I am also a bit worried about the pain afterwards - I don't think I have a very high pain threshold!!! But I am expecting pain and to feel rough for a good few days - and expecting not to be able to shower for at least a day - that worries me the most!!! Hehehehe xx

I had a bypass November this year, I was helped to have a strip wash the day after my op but since then I was told I was ok to shower :D

I think worrying is natural but the way I looked at it was, I was big enough to be putting a strain on my heart and other vital organs which could take me away from my loved ones anyway, this way at least I was taking the right route to minimising the risk xx

I had a bypass that was delayed by gallstones and I can honestly say that the gallbladder removal was much much harder to recover from.
I didn't have any pain relief once I was home after bypass, minimal wind but was knocked sideways by the total lack of energy due to tiny intake. Don't rush things post op xxx

Thanks for the advice rudders, I have read a lot of people over do it post op!!! I have got plenty of offers of help at home, with the kids ect...... So mite take people up on their offers!!!!

You are but a shadow of your former self rudders :) An amazing difference!!

Back