• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

not losing...again!!

indianlight

I'm sat here having had a 'normal' day, very busy, i'm now exhausted but am hoping b12 injection tomorrow will help with this.

But I'm not losing weight...whats happening is that one week i'm losing some then the next week i'm not losing at all...I know logically my weight loss isn't bad BUT i keep comparing to when I got my band and i lost every day usually 1lb sometimes only a half pound but everyday it was going down and now with the bypass I've got this one way yo yo going on..if you know what I mean!!

anyone having the same experience? is that normal for a bypass? think i must just want reassurance that this wil work after my experience with my band xx

Hiya unfortunately i am like that now. I have not lost anything for three weeks it is driving me mad. I know i have lost weight extremely fast till now and i should really be gratefull how much weight i have lost but i know how you feel its soul destroying. don't know what to say only keep on in there and pm me any time if you need a chat. Janey:)

Hi

I met someone at a support group meeting who now has a bypass after a band and her losses were not as high as the people who had only had the bypass. The dietician explained that having the band had allready restricted consumption and to around the same degree as a bypass. The body gets used to this and can hold onto the weight just that bit more.

I hope the weight starts moving for you soon x

Carole's right about the inches.Mine are dropping off even when the weight loss isn't as rapid:D

Mine is exactly the same, and I haven't had a band already. The weightloss is a lot slower than I expected, this week I lost a pound and a half all week :-(

But it's going in the right direction. Keep your chin up sweetie xxxx

Firstly dont weigh yourself every day as you will drive yourself round the bend - once a week, first thing in the am post going to the loo. Secondly with the bypass, its very usual at the beginning to lose weight and then for it to stall and then start again - its just happened to me and Im over 5 months - dont worry, it will come off - its not a race!

I am not post op so cant offer much advice but maybe u could post ur daily menu`s and the experienced peeps can have a look for ya and see if maybe ur food choices might need tweaking xx

I feel soo happy at this moment, in fact i'm going to come on here every day and moan i haven't lost any weight. Today I got weighed and have lost another 3lbs!! woohoo!!! thats a total of 24lbs woohoo...i feel better now!!

Stops & starts - loads of bypassers on here comment the same so it seems quite a regular occurance. I am 10 weeks post op, stalled for 3 weeks, lost 4lb the next, nothing for 2 weeks then 5lb so far this week - but I know my clothes are getting looser and looser so am just going with it.

Back