• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just wanted to say hi

My first time on here, very first posting.

After years of being a yo-yo, I'm going for my appointment with the Bariatric team tomorrow. Hoping to get on the list for a gastric band.

I'm absolutely terrified to be honest!

We got married last year (my hubby and I have been together for over 20 years now, but he finally wanted to make an honest woman of me). I managed to lose 7 stones for the wedding, but guess what .... I've put over 4 of those stones back on.

Very glad to have found this site - it looks like a great place to get support.

Any advice for tomorrow would be welcomed.

:wave_cry:

Thanks Nicola x

My first time on here, very first posting.

After years of being a yo-yo, I'm going for my appointment with the Bariatric team tomorrow. Hoping to get on the list for a gastric band.

I'm absolutely terrified to be honest!

We got married last year (my hubby and I have been together for over 20 years now, but he finally wanted to make an honest woman of me). I managed to lose 7 stones for the wedding, but guess what .... I've put over 4 of those stones back on.

Very glad to have found this site - it looks like a great place to get support.

Any advice for tomorrow would be welcomed.

:wave_cry:

Hi T& T...:welcome: to Minis.

hope all goes well with your appointment tomorrow...not sure how it goes with NHS (I was too impatient so went private) but someone will be along soon to advise :)

anything else you need to know though, just shout you'll get loads of help and advice here :D

hi tiara and welcome to minis. this is a great sit and the people are great, you will always find someone here to help with any questions and problems you may have we also have very big shoulders (no pun intended) if you ever need one. best of luck for tommorow im sure you will be fine ...........kath x

Thanks everyone! I'm feeling part of the family already!

I'm going to Charing Cross Hospital, under Dr LeRoux.

The good thing about going there is that it is within walking distance (on a good day it would take me about half an hour to forty minutes), which means I can use it as a way of getting a bit of extra exercise too.

x

Thanks Glenville. Good luck to you too! x

Welcome to Mini's.
You will love this place, I have never known a group like it, everyone is so lovely and helpful and even when they cant advise you they are right there with you encouraging you, they are all just so amazing.
Take care
Steph xx

Hiya and welcome to Mini's :welcome:

Well done on your weight loss for your wedding that was brilliant

I had my band put in on 27th June and it was the best thing I ever did, I have lost 26lb so far and dropped just over 2 dress sizes so I am well chuffed with that

Good luck with your consultation tomorrow, are you private or NHS?

All the best and you will love on here everyone is so nice and we are all in the same boat

Kate x

Welcome to Mini's.
You will love this place, I have never known a group like it, everyone is so lovely and helpful and even when they cant advise you they are right there with you encouraging you, they are all just so amazing.
Take care
Steph xx
Thanks Steph x

hi and welcome to mini's

Good luck on your wls journey, feel free tro ask what you want we are all at different stages so someone will be able to help or point you in the right direction :)

I just wanted to say Hello and Wellcome!!

:) xxx

Hiya and welcome to Mini's :welcome:

Well done on your weight loss for your wedding that was brilliant

I had my band put in on 27th June and it was the best thing I ever did, I have lost 26lb so far and dropped just over 2 dress sizes so I am well chuffed with that

Good luck with your consultation tomorrow, are you private or NHS?

All the best and you will love on here everyone is so nice and we are all in the same boat

Kate x
Hi Kate, I'm hoping to go NHS but will go private if I really have to.

Well done on your weight drop! x

Hi Kate, I'm hoping to go NHS but will go private if I really have to.

Well done on your weight drop! x

I didn't even enquire about NHS cos I knew my BMI wouldn't have been high enough, would have saved me £7k if it was tho :sigh: lol

The weight loss hasn't been easy but its worth it, the 1st 2 wks were the worst but you soon forget about it

Good luck tomorrow and make sure you let us know how you get on

Kate x

Hi and welcome to minis. It is a fantastic site and everyone is so kind and caring. Good luck at your appt tomorrow, let us know how you get on.

Hi there and:welcome2: to minis. I've just read a post from mimsie67 asking about other peeps for Charing Cross. I said someone would be along soon and here you are lol. I'm sorry I can't help with the questions on times etc but want to wish you luck on your weight los journey. I'm a bander and must say its the best thing I've ever done and have NO regrets at allxxxx

Back