• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not on TV but in the papers....

Retfordmag

i think they are commenting more on the fact that she has spent 200 a week on takeaway and that she gets more in benefit that most working people...

im fat...and i bloody agree with them!

Would be nice to have £200 to spend never mind on just take aways

I've got 7 kids, maybe I could try the I'm too fat to work? Wish I had £200 a week to spend on takeaways! Lol healthy ones of course. Don't have £200 to pay for everything!

I'm heavier and I cannot work.

Difference is I WANT to work but my other conditions make it impossible for me to do so.

I've been out of work for some time and I've had no benefits payments at all. I've claimed and been rejected at every stage.

Wish I could get free prescriptions let alone any other payments!

£14000 for a gastric band, shut up, people reading that are going to believe thats how much it costs!!

Kim

Rant on

The papers are always quick to point out how much some of these people manage to get on benefits just because they are too I'll to work, I am not talking about scrounges that just avoid work and claim to be sick when they are not, but they never talk about the other side, when someone plays by all the rules and even though they cannot work because of their disabilities the rules are used to Not pay them a penny, where are the papers then.

Yes I am one of them, I was self employed when I became disabled and for the self employed your sick and disability payments are not paid through the national insurance you pay so it has to be paid via income support and although the amounts paid are the same there is one huge difference between sick pay and income support and that huge difference is that income support is means tested, so in my case as my wife works I am disqualified from claiming income support, so we have to live on her minimum wage job, which is a hell of a lot less than I should be getting in disability payments. Now if only I could persuade her to give up her job, but no for some reason she likes it. Thisnisnwhy I get so angry when the likes of David Cameron says he is going to cap benefits to £25,000. Oh how I would love to get as much as £25,000 at work let alone on benefits.

So the NHS paid for my Bypass, i tell you I damned well earned it and it was the least they could do with all the benefits they have saved from me.

Rant off

Agreed. I work full time at 30 stone of which I am very proud. My boyfriend however has mental Health issues and is not fit to work. We can't even get dla as he does not fit their checkbox ticklist. We get no tax credits or anything. And yet have to listen to all this crap about benefit scrounges and fit for work assessments.

Rant on

The papers are always quick to point out how much some of these people manage to get on benefits just because they are too I'll to work, I am not talking about scrounges that just avoid work and claim to be sick when they are not, but they never talk about the other side, when someone plays by all the rules and even though they cannot work because of their disabilities the rules are used to Not pay them a penny, where are the papers then.

Yes I am one of them, I was self employed when I became disabled and for the self employed your sick and disability payments are not paid through the national insurance you pay so it has to be paid via income support and although the amounts paid are the same there is one huge difference between sick pay and income support and that huge difference is that income support is means tested, so in my case as my wife works I am disqualified from claiming income support, so we have to live on her minimum wage job, which is a hell of a lot less than I should be getting in disability payments. Now if only I could persuade her to give up her job, but no for some reason she likes it. Thisnisnwhy I get so angry when the likes of David Cameron says he is going to cap benefits to £25,000. Oh how I would love to get as much as £25,000 at work let alone on benefits.

So the NHS paid for my Bypass, i tell you I damned well earned it and it was the least they could do with all the benefits they have saved from me.

Rant off

Sounds Identical to me.

Currently at a failed DLA appeal, waiting for the next, tribunal? stage.

Don't...a friend of mine gets 3.5k maintenance a month(!) yes a month from her ex and because tax credits don't look at maintenance she then qualifies for them on top....! It sickens n infuriates me when I've had to work full time whilst raising my two daughters alone.

Don't...a friend of mine gets 3.5k maintenance a month(!) yes a month from her ex and because tax credits don't look at maintenance she then qualifies for them on top....! It sickens n infuriates me when I've had to work full time whilst raising my two daughters alone.

:eek:

I will begs you anything the scrounges still scrounge. It's only us honest people who never see a penny.

it makes me so mad that they concentrate on the obese. What about the drug addicts and alcoholics they cost the country far more. Many are on DLA which I think is hilarious as it means that they have more money for more drugs and alcohol therefore perpetuating the situation.

rant over normal service will resume

Back