• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Down but not out...

Rebirth

Hi all, hopefully this will be second time lucky. I tried to post a while ago but it was all deleted. I'm not very good at finishing what I've started it seems.

I just wanted to thank you all for your good wishes and support. Especially Allie and Bev. I think it's time I dug myself out of the mire and got on with life. I have to admit that I found yesterday a very upsetting and tiring day. However, it is much better that my surgery was delayed, than as phatmomma said, you had recieved worse news about me.

I have to admit I enjoyed not being on the pre-op diet. We all went out to a chinese buffet forlunch where I had planned to eat myself silly,(old habits rearing their ugly head). However, I was full after only having two small plates of food and did not even want a pudding. I am now off the pre-op but eating healthily.

Mr Li has promised that he will do my surgery asap once he has the result of my 24hr ECG (which is yet to be arranged). I should have followed my instinct and phoned Kath on Wednesday rather than listening to the nurse at the cardiology clinic and tell the anaethetist Sat. At least that way they could have either sped up the ECG or someone else could have had my slot instead of it being wasted. Sorry to all of you who are waiting for Mr Li.

I had a call from my sister in law to let me know that my youngest uncle had died yesterday. The uncanny thing is he died at about the time the anaethetist was saying that I could be in danger of doing the same if he proceeded.

If I had had my op yesterday, I would not have been able to comfort my dad, siblings and aunts and uncles in America. When I spoke to dad he was very phylosophical and said that all things happen for a reason and better my uncle than me. I know that dad loved his brother very much, he was only a few years older than me. God works in mysterious ways.

Thanks again every one. I'll be phoning the cardiac clinic later on today. Let's hope I get a monitor soon.

love, hugs and blessings.

Rebirth xxx

Pearline thanks for this post. I was so sure God had his reasoning in this but I couldn't see what. Now it becomes clear. He knows all things and we know his timing is always perfect.
Instinct? Yes, I do agree with you so much on that. I had so many instinctual promptings about my surgery, and had I paid greater attention, a lot of unpleasant experiences would have been avoided. We do well to listen to our instincts.
I'm still praying for you, that this op goes ahead as soon and as safely as possible.

And I'm so very sorry for your loss too. Sending much love and prayers.
Charis xx

Im so sorry to hear your sad news, I do beliieve many things happen for a reason, so I hope and Pray that your operation will come around again at the right time for YOU..

All the best, and keep your chin up!

Everything happens for a reason ey?! I firmly believe that. So sorry for your loss. I'm glad you got to comfort your relatives at this time.
I keep my fingers crossed for you and hope your new op date comes soon!
*hugs*

sorry for your loss hun and i hope your ecg ssan date comes soon so that can get you in for your op asap! xxx

So very happy to see you posting positively about your operation and i for one will be praying a new date comes around soon for you!

So sad to lose your uncle but at least you are still very much alive and are here to give love and support to the rest of your family xx

im so very sorry to hear of your loss....stay strong and im wishing speedy news for your op xxx

Hello Pearline,

I have been thinking of you constantly and I keep my special candles on my mantle shelf for difficult times... they are both lit for you and have been since Saturday.

It's a good job that we don't ever know what is coming and it's been a tough few days for you Angel.

I am so very sorry to hear about your Uncle, this sadness is never easy and I will say my prayers for you all tonight... I have a very long list and I'm putting you right at the top tonight Pearline.

The formality of the ECG has to run it's course, then hopefully, your journey can continue as planned... we are all standing at your side shoulder to shoulder...

I meant to say to you that if you and hubby would like a visit by the sea, I'm not far away and we would be delighted to have you over and I promise you will be very well looked after...

We are in touch so just let me know anytime Pearline... if it would help you to have some time away from it all and also a day nearer your ECG, we are here.

Will be in touch later to see how you are...

Fondest love as always my very dear Friend and be kind to yourself.

Love and hugs Pearline,
Bev xxx

I just want to give you a big hug. Sorry for your loss my thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time. Hope you get another date soon, everything does happen for a reason, take care xxx

So sorry to hear your sad news and I hope your family are helping one another through it.
I am happy that Mr Li has said he will do your op a.s.a.p for you, fingers crossed for better luck next time (HUGS) x

Pearline thanks for this post. I was so sure God had his reasoning in this but I couldn't see what. Now it becomes clear. He knows all things and we know his timing is always perfect.
Instinct? Yes, I do agree with you so much on that. I had so many instinctual promptings about my surgery, and had I paid greater attention, a lot of unpleasant experiences would have been avoided. We do well to listen to our instincts.
I'm still praying for you, that this op goes ahead as soon and as safely as possible.

And I'm so very sorry for your loss too. Sending much love and prayers.
Charis xx

Thanks so much for your prayers. I feel very strongly that all will turn out well in the end. At least I'll have one less undiagnosed and treated medical problem.

God bless.

Rebirth xx

Im so sorry to hear your sad news, I do beliieve many things happen for a reason, so I hope and Pray that your operation will come around again at the right time for YOU..

All the best, and keep your chin up!

My mom always said that everything happens for a reason. Despite everything I know I'm being cared for.

love

Rebirth xx

So sad to lose your uncle but at least you are still very much alive and are here to give love and support to the rest of your family xx[/QUOTE]

Ditto that Julie. Much better than having a stroke on the table, or not waking up at all.

Rebirth xx

Hello Pearline,

I have been thinking of you constantly and I keep my special candles on my mantle shelf for difficult times... they are both lit for you and have been since Saturday.

It's a good job that we don't ever know what is coming and it's been a tough few days for you Angel.

I am so very sorry to hear about your Uncle, this sadness is never easy and I will say my prayers for you all tonight... I have a very long list and I'm putting you right at the top tonight Pearline.

The formality of the ECG has to run it's course, then hopefully, your journey can continue as planned... we are all standing at your side shoulder to shoulder...

I meant to say to you that if you and hubby would like a visit by the sea, I'm not far away and we would be delighted to have you over and I promise you will be very well looked after...

We are in touch so just let me know anytime Pearline... if it would help you to have some time away from it all and also a day nearer your ECG, we are here.

Will be in touch later to see how you are...

Fondest love as always my very dear Friend and be kind to yourself.

Love and hugs Pearline,
Bev xxx

Thanks Bev, you are a very giving caring person. I really appreciate your prayers and the fact you have lit your candles for me. You never know we might take you up on your offer for a visit to the sea. I feel so blessed to have the help and support of every one on this site.

love and hugs

Rebirth xx

Thanks all of you for your messages and support, the love and care on here is almost tangible.

I phoned the cardiac centre and left a message for the nurse. She has got back to me with a date. Apparently the waiting list can be months rather than weeks. However, I was very lucky and someone cancelled so she has fitted me in for the 16th September. I feel as if I am definately being watched over.

OH goes away for a week on the 15th, you never know he might come back to a new me. I really hope the ecg is fine. I'll keep you all updated.

love and hugs

Rebirth xxx

The girls go back to school tomorrow so I haven't really had time to think. I'm just hoping that I can cope with all the walking. It takes me about an hour to walk to school, it only takes friends and OH 15-20 mins.

Hi Pearline,
This next message is for your girls
:wave_cry::):8855::whacky068::bliss::chores016: :snoopyhouse::smiley1842::pillowfight: :bananalove::grouphugg:
Thanks Bev, you are a very giving caring person. I really appreciate your prayers and the fact you have lit your candles for me. You never know we might take you up on your offer for a visit to the sea. I feel so blessed to have the help and support of every one on this site.

love and hugs

Rebirth xx

Thanks all of you for your messages and support, the love and care on here is almost tangible.

I phoned the cardiac centre and left a message for the nurse. She has got back to me with a date. Apparently the waiting list can be months rather than weeks. However, I was very lucky and someone cancelled so she has fitted me in for the 16th September. I feel as if I am definately being watched over.

OH goes away for a week on the 15th, you never know he might come back to a new me. I really hope the ecg is fine. I'll keep you all updated.

love and hugs

Rebirth xxx

The girls go back to school tomorrow so I haven't really had time to think. I'm just hoping that I can cope with all the walking. It takes me about an hour to walk to school, it only takes friends and OH 15-20 mins.

Pearline you deserve to be watched over-so glad you got a cancellation-we might end up being bypass twins-I'll be keeping my fingers crossed
now the message for the girls-
basically "hello your mum will soon be doing lots of exercise & very embarassing dances-but we won't mind 'cos we love her:)

Julie you're fantastic. The girls will be made up when they see this. They'll be pestering me to post and allow them to decorate it with icons. They're always asking if I've seen the pirate and his wife!!

love

Rebirth xx

Aww Pearline, you are so kind... I have the candles going for you now... I hope my prayers will help and I am thinking of you constantly... just keep plodding... that is my philosophy in this life... plodding gets us there in the end.

Loads of love and hugs, always xxx

Back