• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not that much to lose but approved for band

loughpet

Hi,

My bmi is about 32 I have about 2.5 - 3stone to lose. I have been approved for a private band op. Has anyone else had the surgery and not had a lot to lose. I have a thyroid disorder and lost 2 stone on my own and am now struggling to lose the rest I think this is why I was approved for surgery.

Thoughts, comments and experiences please .

Dont know any of your answer but well done for getting the surgery you want.:)

It's interesting that you aren't going for a balloon in the first instance but just wanted to wish you well with your OP. You'll lose that in no time lovey I'm sure. The best part for you in particular I'm guessing would be that it won't be back rather than a big weight loss in itself.
I hope all goes well for you, not sure if many people are in a similar situation with starting weight but there are plenty of nice people and banders to offer support and advice anyway x

Well done on losing the 2 stone on your own, my OH has a thyroid problem so I know its hard to lose with one.

Good luck with your op, I dont know of anyone with a BMI around yours having had a band but there maybe someone out there!

Hi there.

Am surprised with such a low BMI that even a private surgeon is going to give u a band op.....Not that I dont wish u well etc, its just that I thought they had to abide by the same guidelines as the NHS surgeons as I am sure the NHS wouldnt give someone an wls op with such a low BMI. Very well done on your weight loss so far and may your journey continue x x x

All the best - MeJulie x x

Good luck with your surgery xx

Back