• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can i lose weight now??!

Libertine79

Hi guys!!

I found out that funding had been approved for me to meet with the surgeons last week.... I know it will be @ least a month before I hear anything, but I am desperate to try and lose some weight now! Would this possible stop me getting the surgery I desire??

I only just meet the criteria by a few pounds based on my BMI

Have you had an initial assessment where they have weighed you etc - I would imagine so if your funding has been approved?

At Sunderland we're encouraged to lose as much weight as possible pre-op so once you've been weighed at the initial seminar so I would have thought it would be fine x

No initial assessment yet, that's why I'm worried about losing in case they say am not heavy enough (as daft as it sounds ) x x

Funding approved via pct x

Best to wait until initial appointment then. I know it's frustrating. But you need a high enough referral weight x

was talking about this in another thread. myself and someone else have both been told that it doesnt matter if you lose weight it is the bmi on the referal that they take and they will still do it regardless of u losing some weight. i thought i was only one and that my dietician was fibbing but i was reassured that this has been told to someone else too. hope this helps.
xx

just realised your from bradford, so yes ur defo the same as me, and the other person i was speaking to about it was also from yorks :) xx

My hospital took my initial weight management BMI as my referral weight.

Thanks for the advice babes x x least I'll have lots to lose ;) x x

Libertine79 said:
Thanks for the advice babes x x least I'll have lots to lose ;) x x

I lost almost 6st pre op. I feel this is what made me recover fast. I was up doing Laos of the ward the next day lol. Got out of bed and walked on my own to the bathroom the night of my op.

Good luck with your exciting journey :)

Thanks ladies think I wi join weight watchers and try and shed a couple of stone at least :) x x x

I know :( did lose a stone on my own apathy or so ago then I started with a thyroid bloody prob and I had to take meds which caused weight gain..... Hey ho!! X

i know im in same situation with the meds im on. come the middle of the night im starving and sometimes eat in my sleep and wake up next day not remembering lol. its horrible but coming off these meds ASAP lol x

I was same. Stupid damn thyroid. And I am also from Bradford. Prob bumped into you in Gasworks before lol

Mine seems to swing about like a fooking yo yo and I get beyond hungry I disgust myself sometimes :( x

Gas works!! Hee Hee more of an indie gal x

Ah Kay delius then hehe ;)

Delius is just perfect ;) x

I don't know what the rules are at your hospital, but mine sound as if they were different, I would just be careful until you are in the program.

I weighed at my initial visit and they assessed me as likely to be fit for the operation. I then had a wait of around a month before I met dietician and it was at this point they set me a target to lose 5% of my body weight in a month on the milk diet. It was at this point I was glad I hadn't already started dieting on my own as the 5% would have been very difficult to shift and I might not have made the required 5% (some people didn't and the op was delayed:()

So bearing in mind I don't know your hospital requirement its might be something you have to look out for.

Back