• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NSV - I ran today! - started my couch 2 5k

top_kat

For as long as I can remember, I can't remember ever actually "jogging" . . .I started at a gym back a few weeks after I had my band, and its a gentle circuit 30 minute work out. I joined a 2nd gym a couple of weeks ago to use their pool, so I've been doing 3-4 gym workouts a week as well as 2-3 swim sessions and in addition to my daily walking.

However, I've been thinking about doing the couch to 5k programme . . .downloaded it last night, and just finished a session at the gym doing the first workout.

You build up from walking to jogging, and alternate between walking and running through the workout, a friendly zombie talks me through it LOL

So . ..I started the programme, but more so, I was actually jogging - only at around 5.5mph but still, 5.5mph than I can ever remember doing and if someone had said to me that in less than 6 months after my surgery I would be doing this, and visiting the gym or pool 5-6 days out of 7, I would never have believed them.

I certainly feel that I've been to the gym today tho LOL but more so, not only did I survive, not only did I do something I've never done before since I was at school . . .I didn't get knocked out by my boobs LOL :eek:

:8855:

Ask me in a week or two LOL my muscles are still twitching a couple of hours after it LOL while Im used to pushing it in the gym, I've not done running . . .it feels different LOL I certainly feel as if I've been to the gym . . .thinking I need to go back and soak in the jacuzzi lol

Well done top Kat! I've got the app too and have just started week 3, I NEVER thought I would be able to jog for 3 mins at a time, and looking ahead I still almost don't believe I'll go for 30mins!!! But I'm trusting the programme and going to give it my all.

My aim is to run a 5k in June, and beat my skinny cow of a sister in law who always mentions my weight! I'm just going to sneak up at the back and then pip her at the post! Well that's the plan anyway though I'm only on 3 mins!! Ha ha

Good luck with the programme xxxx

GOOD on YOU!!!

I started as a super morbidly obese as well at 383 and I remember crying the first time I did a job on my treadmill. I REALLY feel your success and joy about it!! Keep on Keeping on!!!

Cheers,

For as long as I can remember, I can't remember ever actually "jogging" . . .I started at a gym back a few weeks after I had my band, and its a gentle circuit 30 minute work out. I joined a 2nd gym a couple of weeks ago to use their pool, so I've been doing 3-4 gym workouts a week as well as 2-3 swim sessions and in addition to my daily walking.

However, I've been thinking about doing the couch to 5k programme . . .downloaded it last night, and just finished a session at the gym doing the first workout.

You build up from walking to jogging, and alternate between walking and running through the workout, a friendly zombie talks me through it LOL

So . ..I started the programme, but more so, I was actually jogging - only at around 5.5mph but still, 5.5mph than I can ever remember doing and if someone had said to me that in less than 6 months after my surgery I would be doing this, and visiting the gym or pool 5-6 days out of 7, I would never have believed them.

I certainly feel that I've been to the gym today tho LOL but more so, not only did I survive, not only did I do something I've never done before since I was at school . . .I didn't get knocked out by my boobs LOL :eek:

:8855:

You are one active lady, blimey! ;) Good luck with the programme. I'm sure you'll get there with your determination :)

Wow that's inspiring! I've never been able to run or jog it's a goal of mine too. Good luck with your 5k x

Back