• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gym Nerves

Montana

I went for my induction at my local gym this morning, to say I was terrified is an understatement!! I had alsorts of visions as I entered the building of being surrounded by katie price lookalikes, being sniggered at by the gym staff and being the most obese person in the whole building!

Well.....katie price was nowhere to be seen and the gym staff were great! I was the biggest person there but the only person that seemed to notice this was me. Everybody was so engrossed in their own fitness that I could've walked in naked wearing a big green wig and still nobody would've paid me any attention.

Needless to say I had a GREAT workout, the best I've done in a long time and I'm really looking forward to going back as I felt so revitalised walking back to the car!

Anybody who is thinking of joining their local gym and feeling apprehensive I say go for it! It will never be as bad as you make it out to be in your own head :)

H x

My local gym (a DW) gives you a "free" session with a fitness trainer in with your joining fee. As they usually charge £25 /hr it is worth it. They should be able to set you a routine and a diet to get you started.

I was 164Kg when I walked through the door and nobody has ever laughed at me. All I have ever got from the staff and most of the members is support for my endeavours.

I lost over 40Kg in the 5 months before my surgery, which I put to down to the gym and dieting.

I am 4 days post op and cannot wait to get back to the pool. My consultant super glued my wound sites and told me I could be back in the pool in 2 - 3 weeks. Can't wait.

Chris

Back