• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Couch to 5k anybody? ( C25k)

I'm doing this 'couch to 5k', only started today and did my first run/walk. Feeling very proud of myself as I haven't run for about 25 years!

How did you get on with it Mel?

It wasn't too bad for a first go! Thankfully at this stage the running part is only a minute at a time, with a 90 second walk in between. The minute went by surprisingly fast. Leg muscles are aching a bit today but I suspect they'll be worse tomorrow!

It wasn't too bad for a first go! Thankfully at this stage the running part is only a minute at a time, with a 90 second walk in between. The minute went by surprisingly fast. Leg muscles are aching a bit today but I suspect they'll be worse tomorrow!
Mine didn't ache after the first run but did after run number 2. I'm due to do run 3 this evening. Am frankly terrified of running for 2 minutes at a time next week!

Good luck with it Miss T, keep us posted on how you do. The key for me now is to stay motivated! X

Did the third run so week 1 is complete. Yea me !!!! Never thought in a million years I'd ever run, even for 10 seconds never mind 8 lots of 60 seconds. Was scared about next week as I thought it went up to minutes but listened to the podcast and it's 90 seconds with a 2 minute recovery walk repeated for 20 minutes. That'll really challenge me . Run 3 was no easier than run 1!

Miss Tickle said:
Did the third run so week 1 is complete. Yea me !!!! Never thought in a million years I'd ever run, even for 10 seconds never mind 8 lots of 60 seconds. Was scared about next week as I thought it went up to minutes but listened to the podcast and it's 90 seconds with a 2 minute recovery walk repeated for 20 minutes. That'll really challenge me . Run 3 was no easier than run 1!

Aw that's so great well done you! Bet your so proud xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Just had a listen to it and it sounds like something I might try to get me started. Easy for me to say at mo cos I'm in my pit ha but definitely like the idea of it.
Thank you x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Definitely going to download this. I'll let you know how I go!
xXx

I've done this program before, but only made it for about 3 or 4 days. I would like to try again after surgery

Newmelani said:
I've done this program before, but only made it for about 3 or 4 days. I would like to try again after surgery

I'm going to try it after surgery too Xx

Well-week 2 starts tomorrow ( or Wednesday if I really can't fit it in. I've got a mad day tomorrow!). Am a bit daunted still by having to run for 90 seconds at a time though. Thank gawd it's not 2 minutes !

Miss Tickle said:
Well-week 2 starts tomorrow ( or Wednesday if I really can't fit it in. I've got a mad day tomorrow!). Am a bit daunted still by having to run for 90 seconds at a time though. Thank gawd it's not 2 minutes !

Aw you will do great! And will feel the benefits soon! Xxx

I've had a sore throat and cough so have been late starting week 2 but did the first run tonight. It was hard but I did it and I'm very proud of myself. So is DH and he's buying me a proper pair of running trainers so I don't hurt myself. I'm so slow it's hilarious !

Miss Tickle said:
I've had a sore throat and cough so have been late starting week 2 but did the first run tonight. It was hard but I did it and I'm very proud of myself. So is DH and he's buying me a proper pair of running trainers so I don't hurt myself. I'm so slow it's hilarious !

Aw you will get there hun I have that cough and cold too it hurts to breath when I walk 2 steps so I can sympathise with you there! At least you kept going! Good on you xxx

Starting this tomorrow evening after work - just hope I survive!
Keep up the good work everyone!
xXx

Great Louise. will you keep posting on this thread so we can encourage each other ? :eek:)

Last edited:
That's great Lou- we're getting a little running club going here. So far our elite athlete (lol) membership is:
Newmelani,
Louanne79
Mellyb28
Miss Tickle

Anyone else want to join us?

Miss Tickle said:
That's great Lou- we're getting a little running club going here. So far our elite athlete (lol) membership is:
Newmelani,
Louanne79
Mellyb28
Miss Tickle

Anyone else want to join us?

Av just found an app for it on my phone I'm going to try it :) Xx

Fab- I'll put you on the list then hun xx

C25ker's:
Newmelani,
Louanne79
Mellyb28