• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op Advice please?

OOnion

I seem to remember a few posts about odd pains post op and can't find them now...

I am 2 weeks post op and have been fine, up until yesterday when I have developed a very odd pain to the right of my belly button. It's the same sensation you get when someone sticks their finger in your belly button, it feels hot and really sore to touch, yet when I push on it there is not pain, it feels really superficial almost just under the skin. It seems to come and go at any time and happens about once an hour!

Any ideas or similar feeling from some of you other post opers - No other symptoms at all!

Can I also ask - I feel a bit dizzy every time I have something to eat, it only lasts about 10 mins, but it's like that hangover dizziness you get the next day. It seems to happen regardless of the type of soup I have? Is this a mini dump from the sugars?

Thank you in anticipation of you helpful answers ( I can't work out how to do Thank you to a thread!)

xxx

Hi oonion it may be some internal bruising, its a big op inside with lots of tugging about so I wouldn't worry at this stage, the dizzyness could very well be sugars in soups xx

I remember having a tightness where u mention,I just put it down to the internal stitching heeling,it never gave me any problems,and went on it's own.
But with you saying it's hot I would ring for advice x

Being hot could be a slight infection so get it checked out hun x
Lots of people seem to have problems with certain soups at the beginning... some are high in sugar..
try and pick foods which are below 5g sugar per 100g and 5 grams of fat per 100g.
What may help is making your own soups and freezing them xx

At two weeks post op hun your still swollen inside and prob out too!
Mind as been said if area feels hot maybe infection so get it checked out!

Agree with Rayne on the soup business xx
I dumped on tomato soup and chicken so started to make my own xx Now I am fine xx
Some really nice recipe ideas on here too - and so easy to make xx

Onion
All of the home made soups i made filled me up so much more than tinned ones, same amount in the bowl but could only eat half the amount. Well worth making some.
Make an appointment at the doctors and let him have a look, just to reassure yourself.

Kim

Thanks ladies, I think I may give him a call as it seems to be getting worse not better; not red and no temp so hoping it's just the internal stitches!
Hope you have all dried your tears after the Biggest looser final tonight ! x

Back