• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

% of weightloss

rudders

Hi all

May I do a little poll of your bypass excess weightloss percentage in a given timespan

The hospital have predicted mine as 6st (18st to 12st) in 8mths - 1yr.

Ta muchly
Rudders x

91.4% in 21mths, that's since first visit with the surgeon, 93.7% over all from heaviest pre-op & pre 1st appointment with surgeon about 31mths. Now 18mths post op & 11st 5lbs down from 19st 3lbs at heaviest in may 2010.

My hospital predicted a 11 stone loss in the first year - year and a half and then they said it might stop. That would make it a around a 65% excess loss. I've already lost 10 stone in 7 and a half months and I plan on beating my surgeons predictions and some. I know it will slow down but I will get there.

Mine don't do predictions :( But approximately a stone a month.

Mine said 60% off excess in first year. I think I did that in the first 8 months. Lost 8 stone in 11 months. I have 5 stone still to lose.

60% of excess here too. Yesterday my nurse said my body would probably stop losing at a size 16 :( i'm hoping for a 10-11st loss. I'm just over 2 wks post op and have only lost 9lbs

Last edited:
Thank you all for your input. The losses are astonishing!
The prediction I've been given of 70% sounds amazing and to be 12st right now would be a dream come true.....but I think 11st would be nicer still LOL.
I ALWAYS HAVE TO PUSH THE BOUNDARIES!
thanks again you luvverly lot!xxx

Thank you all for your input. The losses are astonishing!
The prediction I've been given of 70% sounds amazing and to be 12st right now would be a dream come true.....but I think 11st would be nicer still LOL.
I ALWAYS HAVE TO PUSH THE BOUNDARIES!
thanks again you luvverly lot!xxx

I totally feel the same way. I have achieves just over 55% ewl at 9 months and am hoping for 100.

I was told 80-90% of excess weight in 2years roughly.

I was at nurses clinic 2weeks ago and the said I have lost 100%++++ of my excess weight and I am 10months post op now lost 11st 12lbs so far :) :) :) :) which puts me at 11st 2lbs now :) started at 23stone

My 108% loss took me down to 9st 7lb giving me an 11 1/2 stone loss
I have since settled at 10st and have stayed that weight for 7 months now

I have never been given a goal weight which i'm quite happy about, in my head it's 10 stone but we'll see how it goes.

I wasn't given a predicted weight loss, but set my own 12 month goal to get into normal BMI range within one year. I had my op one week short of 4 months ago and as of today have lost 5 stone 8 lbs. Knowing that I will have excess skin that I can't lose, I think I need to lose about another 5 stone.

Thanks again for responding.

So much variation on how who why what when we are told stuff!

XruddersX

Back