• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

off for pre op appointment

christine77

morning all

off for my pre op appointment this afternoon

what can i expect , what will they do to me and are you usually in the appointment long

less than 1 week to go - how excited

xxxxxx

HI Chris

Good luck with the pre op its easy really, they check your height weight blood pressure make you take a blood test, and measure you up for your thrombosis stockings (mmmm) check your heart and do an ecg if needed and thats it :D

general health check to make sure your ready for surgery, weight hieght, blood maybe a urine sample and usually a ecg, good luck, what dates your op hun x x x

Good Luck with your appointment today, not long now, Karen x

Good luck Chris, thinking of you xxx

Good luck with the appointment - at my pre-op appt, I had blood pressure checked, got given diet sheet, got given my date, met with the anesthetist who asked me questions re: past anaesthesia + any problems with it, whether I have loose teeth.
Also had swabs taken to check for MRSA. I don't know what your hospital is like, but I had to have a swab from my nose + groin. It's a bit embarrassing, but ensures your safety in the long run :)

Back