• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-Op Appointment - What Happens ?

Undecided

Hi All

My pre-op appointment letter has now arrived (came yesterday but I was at a friends all day so just got it today).

Just wanted to know what to expect at the meeting ? Is this when they check your liver etc ? Or do they do that the night before ? How do they check it anyway ? Ultrasound ? At the first meeting they mentioned heart tests etc. When do these happen ?

Thanks

Hi All

My pre-op appointment letter has now arrived (came yesterday but I was at a friends all day so just got it today).

Just wanted to know what to expect at the meeting ? Is this when they check your liver etc ? Or do they do that the night before ? How do they check it anyway ? Ultrasound ? At the first meeting they mentioned heart tests etc. When do these happen ?

Thanks
Hi Undecided,
Not sure what stage you ate at? Have you been on a pre op diet? If you have, its the low fat content that shrinks the liver. No one checked my Liver, its just expected that you stick to the diet and your Liver shrinks!!
I would expect your pre op check to consist of:
Height check
Weight Check
Blood Pressure Check
ECG
Taking of Bloods
If you have a pre existing condition (I have asthma), you may need another test - for example I had a chest X-Ray.

All of these things usually happen one week prior to your Surgery date.
Best of Luck to you and I hope your pre op goes well.

Back