• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Off on my hols - post op eating?

ravelling

Grateful bypasser
Next weekend we're off to the States on our first trip since my op nearly 4 months ago.

I'm excited as we're going places I never been before and I love my holidays anyway.

I'm also slightly stressed about the social aspects of eating and travelling. I'm not worried about the nutritional side of it. I know that I'll be able to carry snack and get protein shake powder if I need it (we're starting off in California, for goodness sake! Where better for odd dietary requirements?), but we haven't really eaten out since my surgery.

I'm hoping I can get away with just starters, tapas-type meals I can share with the boys or by just asking for a small piece of their food and an extra fork!

I'd love to hear other people's experiences or recommendations.

I just got back from the States. I didn't have any issues at all. I ate off the kids menus or shared with my 12 year old. I couldn't eat in any fast food places as everything was fried but was fine in restaurants.

Hi Gill, I am the other way! Going to France soon for a week. Red Wine, Cheese, Baguettes, etc., - Op provisionally 17th Sept! Last blast or what? Decisions, decisions! Lol xx

I went to america at 6 months post op, it wasn't a problem at all, we shared meals, I ate starters, it really wasn't a problem. I told myself I was going to not worry about it and just enjoy my holiday and I did!

I lost weight too so that was a bonus, as I had some treats.

Rx

Just want to wish you a happy holiday. xxx

Back