• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Carby2barbie

I have gained some really helpful insights and loved reading people's personal experience on there weight loss journey, so decided to start my own. It's so important to understand that no one is the same, no ones journey is the same and nor is the experience they have. Make no comparison and what is right for you my not be for someone else vicer versa.

Day one- (yesterday)

Sooo here we go Liver reduction diet begins, I have made sure that I have everything ready so there is no room for temptation. I woke up and the first thing I did was weigh myself, unfortunately this is a horrible habit I have got into since yoyo dieting for the last 12years of my life. 18st2lbs ... so that's 2lbs lost last week. I woke up feeling positive and excited to start. I took my multivitamin alongside my breakfast of 1weetabix with skimmed milk and a banana ..... not as bad as I thought ( dreading it as I love the sweetness and crunch of mountains of sugar on the top) but it was fine.

My problem is I work long days and most morning I would skip breakfast. But now I've had breakfast I'm at work feeling hungry!! What???? This doesn't usually happen I can usually goes hours and the one day I could do without being hungry, I'm starving. After loading up on water and weeing what feels like 100 times by lunchtime I make sure I eat plenty of salad. I love salad I'll be fine I told myself .... but the reason I love salad is because I love Salad cream and I've had to leave that in my last life.

3pm ... still drinking plenty of water but the most horrendous headache is coming on. Snack on my apple, 1 of the 2 fruits allowed per day. I still have 5hours left to work and boy am I looking forward to dinner.

When I arrive home my head still pounding and feeling like I can't be bothered to even cook .... I check my pre planned food diary and rustle up a tomato sauce using passatta, onion, peppers, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Adding one stock cube and various herbs and spices, specified on my Liver reduction diet info supplied by the hospital. 50g of chicken and o wow wee 2tblsp's of pasta .... which is a hell of a lot smaller that you would of ever thought!!! But all and all it was delicious. Luckily my partner has agreed to eat the same as me but obviously his portion size is a lot more generous.

Headache is still horrendous! :( but realising how lucky I am to still be eating rather than the milk diet! Now that is intense. I only have to do my diet for 2weeks before the op and reading some posts, some of you have to do it for 4weeks or more! Hats off to you!!

Tomorrow (2nd march) is my MDT meeting and I meet also with my surgeon. Day one done..... what I've done a whole day?? Bring on tomorrow.... but please leave this headache behind.

Hope I didn't bore you all to much just hoping this helps!

Lots of love

C xxxxx

Well done for getting through day 1 :)

I have gained some really helpful insights and loved reading people's personal experience on there weight loss journey, so decided to start my own. It's so important to understand that no one is the same, no ones journey is the same and nor is the experience they have. Make no comparison and what is right for you my not be for someone else vicer versa.

Day one- (yesterday)

Sooo here we go Liver reduction diet begins, I have made sure that I have everything ready so there is no room for temptation. I woke up and the first thing I did was weigh myself, unfortunately this is a horrible habit I have got into since yoyo dieting for the last 12years of my life. 18st2lbs ... so that's 2lbs lost last week. I woke up feeling positive and excited to start. I took my multivitamin alongside my breakfast of 1weetabix with skimmed milk and a banana ..... not as bad as I thought ( dreading it as I love the sweetness and crunch of mountains of sugar on the top) but it was fine.

My problem is I work long days and most morning I would skip breakfast. But now I've had breakfast I'm at work feeling hungry!! What???? This doesn't usually happen I can usually goes hours and the one day I could do without being hungry, I'm starving. After loading up on water and weeing what feels like 100 times by lunchtime I make sure I eat plenty of salad. I love salad I'll be fine I told myself .... but the reason I love salad is because I love Salad cream and I've had to leave that in my last life.

3pm ... still drinking plenty of water but the most horrendous headache is coming on. Snack on my apple, 1 of the 2 fruits allowed per day. I still have 5hours left to work and boy am I looking forward to dinner.

When I arrive home my head still pounding and feeling like I can't be bothered to even cook .... I check my pre planned food diary and rustle up a tomato sauce using passatta, onion, peppers, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Adding one stock cube and various herbs and spices, specified on my Liver reduction diet info supplied by the hospital. 50g of chicken and o wow wee 2tblsp's of pasta .... which is a hell of a lot smaller that you would of ever thought!!! But all and all it was delicious. Luckily my partner has agreed to eat the same as me but obviously his portion size is a lot more generous.

Headache is still horrendous! :( but realising how lucky I am to still be eating rather than the milk diet! Now that is intense. I only have to do my diet for 2weeks before the op and reading some posts, some of you have to do it for 4weeks or more! Hats off to you!!

Tomorrow (2nd march) is my MDT meeting and I meet also with my surgeon. Day one done..... what I've done a whole day?? Bring on tomorrow.... but please leave this headache behind.

Hope I didn't bore you all to much just hoping this helps!

Lots of love

C xxxxx
Poor you but I was only allowed shakes and remember that part of my journey well. Just look at the finishing line and the start of your new life that will keep you motivated x

Day 2- Woken up by my bladder 2 hours before my alarm is due to go off!! Guess that's all that water. Today is the day I see the MDT and my surgeon.
1.10pm I'm here nice and early not knowing what to expect. I report to reception and they inform me I need to go up to the first floor. So I took the stairs well that was one set of stairs but 4! I was red and out of breath, knew I should of taken the lift. I try to compose myself before going through ... but a lady caught my eye ... dam it I'm going to have to go straight in now, she's seen me.... how embarrassing! The ladies checked me in and took me back down to the waiting room for the MDT.

First call- The anathestic, this is where they decide what level of risk you are to be put under. Ask medical history, previous operations etc. He was lovely as soon as I walked in he said I can tell straight away your very low risk infact lower than that! What a smile it put on my face! I felt so much more at ease by this point.

The nurse- she took me into a separate room and again discussed similar things. She then measured my height and weight, all in kg which I'm not familiar with. I provided a urine sample, had a blood test and then an ECG.... all fine.

The dietician- this is where you have to admit all eating habits. And infact although my best friend is chocolate my worst habit is going for hours without eating anything at all. Which I know will have to change... but I happy for change. I am excited that I will be satisfied with a nice homemade smoothie for breakfast that I can sip on all morning! She gave me a very useful menu for ideas for the Liver reduction diet. I didn't realise that I needed to have one salty drink a day (oxo, borvil, marmite) I thought it was optional. So I must remember to get that in. The major enthuses is on PROTEIN. Pre and Post op this is a important part!

Last but not least- The surgeon.... waiting anxiously in the waiting room, wandering what's next ... what if he says no? .... what if he says he can't do it anymore?? (Which there is no reason for this... me just being crazy) I am waiting for my partner also to meet me, watching the clock. He calls me in .... ut oh where's my partner?!? I'm going in alone omg omg!! I went into the room and he was lovely I felt so comfortable and confident that this man is the man that will replumb me. Shortly my partner joined us .... he draws us diagrams to explain everything. He went through a gastric bypass RNY and a mini bypass (which I didn't really kno much about). After his recommendation of a mini bypass, explaining how it was more successful operation and had more benefits, both my partner and I were very swayed towards this operation. He provided lots of information on both to read at home and that I didn't have to decide until the actual day of the operation. Another option he added to the mix was a FOBI ring, which can be added to your bypass ensure that the bottom outlet will remain at the same size and that weight regain is almost impossible with this option. But it is at an extra cost.

I haven't read much in anyone diaries about this fobi ring. Has anyone had any experiences or opinions on this??

Two weeks to go.... and at the moment I'm first on the list. Exciting.

Hope LRD is going well, the headache tends to go after 4 or 5 days. Keep focussed on why you are doing it.

Not heard of a fobi ring so can't comment I am afraid.

Day 3 & 4- well it's getting a lot easier! Actually having to stick to a certain amount and certain things is a lot easier than having a choice. Today was my last day at work for the weekend, so this will be the real test. My partner is desperate for a take away although I have told him to crack on and have one as I really don't mind, as my head is in the game ... how will I feel if I can smell and see something in front of me?!? It's not fair on him to miss out is if? He's not the one with the problem it's me!
Got myself into having an evening milky coffee to ensure I get the milk in and I can't stand milk on it's own. But the problem is it's stopping me from getting off to sleep.

Another day done!!

Last edited:
Way to go! That's fantastic work x

Well tomorrow is Day 7 wow wee ..... I didn't believe anyone when they said to me that it would get easier or go quickly.... but it does! It's so routine now, I don't really have to think about the fact I'm on this liver reduction diet. Expect all the measuring!
Today I brought my surgery pants and everything I need to go into hospital with! It's getting very real now!

I found the LRD a blessed relief :) I didn't have to think about food and once I got into the rhythm it was straightforward too. Anyway if you've got your pants it means it's nearly time! ;)

Can't believe I'm saying this ...... but this time next week and I'll be done! That's so scary! I can't believe where this time has gone!! I have started having dreams about surgery well nightmares tbh, I think my mind is on over drive always thinking about it.
I had my letter from the hospital yesterday informing me to arrive at 6.30am and what to bring etc!
The best thing I did was join this forum and read through so many bits and bobs! And @valentine has been such a gem so thank you so much! Xxx

Can't believe I'm saying this ...... but this time next week and I'll be done! That's so scary! I can't believe where this time has gone!! I have started having dreams about surgery well nightmares tbh, I think my mind is on over drive always thinking about it.
I had my letter from the hospital yesterday informing me to arrive at 6.30am and what to bring etc!
The best thing I did was join this forum and read through so many bits and bobs! And @valentine has been such a gem so thank you so much! Xxx
I know exactly what you mean about bad thoughts/dreams I had quite a few of those myself, even down to dropping hints to my hubby about what life insurance I've got lol But now on my journey home from hospital and 100% know it was the right decision for me :) xx

I'm so happy to have helped you in some small way on your way to having your surgery..
This site is a fab place for support and advice from people that have managed to find their way onto the losers bench.

This week will fly by and before you know it you will be back home sipping a protein shake and starting the healing process x x

I know exactly what you mean about bad thoughts/dreams I had quite a few of those myself, even down to dropping hints to my hubby about what life insurance I've got lol But now on my journey home from hospital and 100% know it was the right decision for me :) xx

Yay!!! That's such good news! It will be much better in your own surroundings! So good to hear you positive!! Xxx

Yay!!! That's such good news! It will be much better in your own surroundings! So good to hear you positive!! Xxx

Back