• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Old clothes?

Mixman

Apart from the usual charity shops, is there anywhere specific where I can send my old clothes?

I realise that there won't be many people shopping in the 'regular' charity shops for outsize clothes.

I've finally been persuaded to drop my baggy trousers and get the cupboards opened to my older clothes.

I have gone from 58" waist to 52" already and I'm in clothes I was 4 years ago when I first met my girlfriend :D

you could sell them - Ive just sold some of my stuff on Ebay but it is a pain in the butt. Some charities come and collect - Christian Aid springs to mind. How about Salvation Army?

I have been selling mine on ebay - made £148 last week and £126 the week before. What I can't be bothered to sell or won't sell I will recycle. You can take to the giant recycling bins they have in supermarket car-parks?

all charity chops can make a profit on items donated that dont sell, so even though there may not be much of a market for your old clothes at your local charity shop it will still benefit them, as they'll sell it to the recyclers. hth.

Never thought of ebay, I have mine all sitting in a bag ready for the charity shop, maybe i'll see if I can sell them and buy new clothes with the money, they do say charity begins at home

I gave some of my nicer items of clothing to a friend and her sister. The rest I took to Ty Hafan - a children's charity that has a specific area in the shop for large sized clothes. Judging by the name however, this might only be in Wales. x

Larger clothes sell really well on ebay - there is a huge market for them. Mixman I buy the mailing bags off ebay - I buy large ones so I can fold them over and protect the clothing well. When I put on the weight over the past couple of years, everything I wore came off ebay and I have had some amazing bargains - I also buy all my techie stuff from there too (switches, hubs, routers, patch panels et cetc) - the college does not have a budget for most of what I need so I buy it out of my proceeds so that my students can have the benefit in the classroom. My OH is always buying & selling bike & car bots on there, although now the costings are getting a bit silly.

I have made a lot on ebay selling my larger sizes, as they are in hot demand and it has paid for new smaller clothes which are obviously cheaper

as ive been coming down the sizes ive sold mine on ebay and made a fair bit of cash, which has come in very handy to buy the next size down xx

Mine are no good to anyone when I've done with them lol. I wear everything out because I hate clothes shopping. Hope fully that will change soon because I really need some smaller clothes that don't make my backside look like I've s*** myself.

I gave some of my nicer items of clothing to a friend and her sister. The rest I took to Ty Hafan - a children's charity that has a specific area in the shop for large sized clothes. Judging by the name however, this might only be in Wales. x

Ty Hafan is a childrens hospice in South Wales. They offer a brilliant service to terminal children with respite and end of life care. xxx

Well done Mixman on your brilliant weightloss so far!!
You must be feeling great!!

I sold quite a few of my clothes on ebay and also sent some to my local charity shop for animals.

Well done Mixman on your brilliant weightloss so far!!
You must be feeling great!!

I sold quite a few of my clothes on ebay and also sent some to my local charity shop for animals.

I can't remember the last time I felt this good about myself :D

Even though I am still 'big' I don't class myself as a big person if that makes sense?

My confidence is also soaring!!

I sold alot of mine on ebay and with the money I made I treated myself to new clothes

Back