• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Out with the old, and in with the new

Miss Tickle

:cry::cry::cry:
I decided to have a clearout today. I've been through my wardrobe, my drawers , my cupboards and shelves and even the ironing basket. I have several bags of pure rubbish and lots of black bags of clothes and shoes for the Charity Shop. Somethings have never been worn, or worn once because they are too big. My size 9 shoes have all gone and the few pairs of 7 and 8 I have are there now. Clothes that I haven't worn this Century have come through from the storage wardrobe ready to wear. Some big ladies are going to have a great time in the local charity shops.
I tried them all on of course and dh and I gasped in amazement and laughed at how absolutely enormous my clothes were. The legs on my size 26 trousers were so tight that the seams were splitting and the waistbands actually had ! We congratulated me and laughed some more.
DH went to make a cup of tea.
And then I cried. Cried for a long time. Cried for the sad years. Cried for my mum and dad taken by cancer so young. Cried for the time I can never get back. And cried that I never really, really knew how very big I had become and what I looked like to the outside world. And I cried because I had grieved for so long, and that waste of precious time would have appalled my lovely parents.
And now the crying is done with and out they all go apart from a top and trousers kept as trophies. Because I never want to forget, never want to delude myself again.
And it's in with the new me. Will I recognise her I wonder. When another 5 stone is gone will I like her? And will I change as much next year as I have this? Not just the weight, but the confidence, the outlook, the love of life?
I hope so :D
xx

oh Miss T im crying with you, only mine is still here :( come on op, getting fed up with waiting :(
Anyway! Good luck with the new you, im sure you will love her :) xxx

thats very touching hun... some very happy moments and some very sad.. so sorry about your parents.. they will be looking down and thinking how proud they are of you... you have done so well.. big hugs xxx

jeez, i just cried for you too...... and for me and my lost youth, oh how i wish i could do it all again but at 10 stone instead of 20 plus! roll on 19th jan 2012, my reformation day. good luck with the next 5 stone. and no more tears... just be happy you got there in the end X

:cry::cry::cry:
I decided to have a clearout today. I've been through my wardrobe, my drawers , my cupboards and shelves and even the ironing basket. I have several bags of pure rubbish and lots of black bags of clothes and shoes for the Charity Shop. Somethings have never been worn, or worn once because they are too big. My size 9 shoes have all gone and the few pairs of 7 and 8 I have are there now. Clothes that I haven't worn this Century have come through from the storage wardrobe ready to wear. Some big ladies are going to have a great time in the local charity shops.
I tried them all on of course and dh and I gasped in amazement and laughed at how absolutely enormous my clothes were. The legs on my size 26 trousers were so tight that the seams were splitting and the waistbands actually had ! We congratulated me and laughed some more.
DH went to make a cup of tea.
And then I cried. Cried for a long time. Cried for the sad years. Cried for my mum and dad taken by cancer so young. Cried for the time I can never get back. And cried that I never really, really knew how very big I had become and what I looked like to the outside world. And I cried because I had grieved for so long, and that waste of precious time would have appalled my lovely parents.
And now the crying is done with and out they all go apart from a top and trousers kept as trophies. Because I never want to forget, never want to delude myself again.
And it's in with the new me. Will I recognise her I wonder. When another 5 stone is gone will I like her? And will I change as much next year as I have this? Not just the weight, but the confidence, the outlook, the love of life?
I hope so :D
xx

Miss T :):) 2 things from me ... how could you not & yes you will ... for the better ... mwah xxx :):)

Oh honey, I think there must be something in the air...I've just done the same thing.....

We can't bring back the past only look to the future and make sure we make up for lost time, your other half is obviously a great support to you, doing it together will have helped....see how far you have come already. CONGRATULATIONS!:)

My biggest problem is that at the beginning of the year I discarded all my "clothes for when I loose weight!" that I had accumalated over the years....yes we all have a wardrobe full:eek:....most of it still with tags on!!!:wave_cry:because I'd resigned myself to never being slim....that was before I embarked on this fabulous adventure:)

Now all I have to wear is
2 pairs of trousers ( both too large)
2 tops ( again too large!)
1 bra, new,.... got to control those babies:eek:
1 new red dress, black tights and shoes to go with it ( bought for Christmas...who'd have thought:cool:)
1 long sleeved top (sale purchase)
and a cami top again bought in the sales

So I still don't have many clothes options....only now I don't mind because what I have got looks SOoooooO much better.( plus I don't want to have to spend money for only a few weeks!!)

Now wipe away those tears, God bless and.now go get them Have a brilliant 2012 x x

You have us all crying on here hun! Its so hard not to dwell on the wasted years and missed opportunities but we need to focus on the good stuff that has happened despite our weight and look forward to an amazing future.

I'd give anything to be throwing away all those awful size 20/22 clothes that I've been wearing (not because I like them but because they're all I can get to fit).I have so many size 14/16 clothes that I should barely need to buy anything as I get smaller post opp, although some of the size 10/12s are about 15 years old (with the tags still on) so I might find I'm a bit old for those now.

Your parents would be so proud of what you've achieved. Congratulations and keep up the good work x

That all sounds very familier apart from throwing clothes out but i can't wait to ditch my massive 32/34 clothes once and for all !!! im down into 28/30 now so going in the right direction and i do have down to size 24/26 so once they get to big im going to have to venture out into the awful world of "clothes shopping" helppppp !! spent sooo many years in bin bags from Evans or off ebay i have no idea what will suit me and dread that part.
Onward and downward hun life can only get better and our loved ones will be looking down on us and be sooo proud xxxxxxxxxxx

what a thoughtful, touching, truthfull post, xx
good luck and best whishes for 2012. xx

Back