• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OK, I Know I shouldn't Be Cross But...

Fading Grace

Fading Away
I keep having to send clothes back to my catalogue's because they are way too big! :mad:

Yeah, I'm happy and grateful to have such a problem, but the main reason why this annoys the bejeppers out of me is because EVERY fricken shop that I order the SAME size clothes from has a different sizing system, so I could order a size 18 from one shop that will be too big, and order a size 24 from another shop that will be too small. WTF? (Yep, true story. I have a size 24 Evans dress that doesn't go anywhere near me it might as well be a size 0 and I have a pair of size 18 trousers that fall off me when I put them on) :8855:

I've just discovered something called "Vanity Sizing" here's what it means if like me you've never heard of it;

Vanity Sizing
Noun: The practice of assigning smaller sizes to articles of manufactured clothing than is really the case, in order to encourage sales.

This High Street trick of understating clothes sizes to make shoppers feel slimmer leaves most of us frustrated rather than flattered! :sigh:
Why can't there be a universal dress size in EVERY store (In the UK at least) so that we don't have to keep returning things we order online or wear our poor feet out by having to shop until we drop by going into every shop on the High Street trying to find clothes that fit us! :rolleyes:

Well I have found this VERY handy web site Size Guide where you can enter your measurements and find out what dress size you will be in various shops.

I was stunned to find that according to my measurements I'm as small as a size 14 and as big as a size 24! Insane right?! SMH

Oh well, when all's said and done there are worst things I could complain about and it is quite nice having to circle "Too Big" as the reason why you are sending something back :party0011::woohoo::banana dancer:

I'm starting exercise classes next week so I'm not going to buy any more clothes (well try not to :p) until my weight stabilizes.

I'm currently wearing:
Jumper, Evans, 26/28
Jeans, Ann Harvey, 30
Knickers, m&s 20/22

I have 24s which are too big and 28s which are too small!

ahhh this explains a lot.

Yup :) I have 18s that are too small and 14s that fit. Does my head in.

Sorry hun but this post made me laugh ... If it helps I still have a couple of size 32 knickers that I wear today and they fit perfect.. Yet I can get comfortably into size 18 Asda and Marksies ones?? I also have several pairs of size 18 leggings that come past my boobs yet another pair from the same store that barely pull over my hips!! Soooooo frustrating :mad:

here here.evans simply be etc I find a lot are not true to size.but I buy a lot from asda and there great.i bought a dress from evans for a wedding size 24.it was lovly only £15.00.put it on.and im sure the lining was only for about 3-4 sizes smaller.so I cut it out and the dress fit then.weird.im sure this will happen same when I loose weight.take care all

I'm currently wearing:
Jumper, Evans, 26/28
Jeans, Ann Harvey, 30
Knickers, m&s 20/22

I have 24s which are too big and 28s which are too small!

lol.sounds like me

Im Marks and spencer size 22 tops and some trousers

Evans I hate to shop in there but Im still wearing size 26 jeans they are a tad big

Denham's
size 22 tops, t shirts, but trousers are a mystery to me they vary so much 24s in Maine are too big if they are pull ons and too tight if they are zip fastening??????

Buy from Charity shops whilst you are shrinking, then you won't feel the pinch (either way):)

Back