• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Omelette

luckyla

Hi everyone

I tried an omelette today for the first time, and found it very hard to get down. I know I've read that some people had said eggs can be difficult. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for your reply :)
Do you find that you can't tolerate eggs in any form? I wonder what it is about them that makes them hard to go down?

i only tried eggs at 4 months post op - scambled at first. It was fine for me.

Today i had a one egg omlete with onions, peppers, parsley and turkey bacon mmmmm

Id leave it for a week or so then try again - sometimes takes a while for our new tummies to get used to some food x

Thanks for your reply Deets :)
It's frustrating as I was really enjoying the taste, but it was awful to get down. I'm only 5 weeks post op so maybe it's too soon, although it's suggested on the information from the dietician.

I tried an omlette at weekend and had my op the day before you! I had a terrible time - 3 mouthfuls and began the lovely symptoms of dumping - or rabid dog as i like to refer to it as. I was also disappointed cos it said I could have it on the list and it was my first taste of something other than soup! Has put me off for life xx

I've tried very sloppy scrambled egg and it got stuck and felt horrible. Think I'll leave egg for a few more weeks and try again.

Thanks for your reply :)
Do you find that you can't tolerate eggs in any form? I wonder what it is about them that makes them hard to go down?

I can manage half of 1 egg scrambled,poached or omlette can't eat fried eggs at all :( and haven't tried boiled
Don't know why :confused:

An omelet was the first food I tried when I could eat semi solid food, it stayed in my pouch less than ten seconds and it came straight back out. I couldn't eat eggs for two years but now I can tolerate them just fine. Give it a while and try them again there might come a time soon you'll be ok with them

An omelet was the first food I tried when I could eat semi solid food, it stayed in my pouch less than ten seconds and it came straight back out. I couldn't eat eggs for two years but now I can tolerate them just fine. Give it a while and try them again there might come a time soon you'll be ok with them

Thanks Karlos I have really missed the egg on a bacon and egg butty only a year to go :rolleyes:

I tried scrambled eggs about 5 weeks also egg mayo made with extra lite mayo and was fine I didn't try fried or boiled eggs till about 9 or 10 weeks and again they were fine too, just keep trying and one day hopefully you can tolerate them again x

i tried an omelette,about 8 weeks post op,never been so sick.it has definately put me off omelettes for good.i can tolerate,a soft bolied egg though,it is one of my favourite things,along with a slice of wholemeal weight watchers toast,as dippers:)
tracy

Karlos said:

Hi Karlos

Thanks for your reply.
Did you have a sleeve or a bypass?

Back