• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Omelette

RaeB

So I'm nearly 4 weeks in and have my first fill booked for 8th October. Generally having to be careful about how much I eat as I don't particularly feel any restriction at the moment. Although saying that, I'm eating much less than before.

Made an omelette this morning and 4 forkfuls in, I had to leave it. I can still feel it just sitting at the base of my throat, gross! I nibbled some bread on Saturday and the same thing.

So I guess in an odd way I'm pleased that I'm seeing signs apart from the soreness at the port site. That and the fact that I've been have childrens portions when I go out to eat, that is pretty surreal!

Omelette is actually one of the foods that many banders find difficult to digest no matter how they chew it up. Similarly, scrambled eggs when on the mushy stage while we think it would be good - again can be difficult.

It is such a game of try and see, to see what you can or cannot tolerate and also, you may find that what you can eat today, tomorrow you can't. But definitely make the most of it especially ahead of being able to get a fill :)

When I had my band I always found eggs very difficult to get down no matter how they were cooked. :/

I can eat most things but eggs and bread are both on my 'no way' list! Have tried a few times and always end up feeling bluhhh! So have decided never again! x

Oh bugger - just bought some eggs thinking I would make a nice veg and mushroom omelette tomorrow!!

Looks like it might just be veg and mush stir fry!! lol

Justine x

Oh bugger - just bought some eggs thinking I would make a nice veg and mushroom omelette tomorrow!!

Looks like it might just be veg and mush stir fry!! lol

Justine x

Give it a go, but take it steady. Depends on your restriction but I've not had any real problems...

Good protein source too :)

I made some mini bites last week from leftover veggies, eggs and a bit of cheese, baked in mini muffin cases. Thankfully no issues, but I was a bit nervy eating them lol!
It helps that it was before I'd had a fill so I had zero restriction:)

I was sleeved and it was nearly a year before I could manage anything like scrambled egg or an omelette even made with just 1 egg. I can now just manage either of them made with 2 eggs and I'm 2 years down the line now.
It does get better :)

I can eat both omelette and scramble egg without any problem and I always have it with Melba toast and it goes down well with ease. I hope I continue to feel this way as I don't want to omit any food from my diet.
I think most banders are different from others, it's always good to try and see what works for u.

Back