• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Injections after op

Mrs Noodles

I've read lots of post about people injecting themselves with an anti coagullant after the op, does every surgeon insist on this? Have anyone had it done at their GP surgery as I may have a problem doing it myself?

Thanks

Monalisa

Hi how did your consultation go? I had the injections with both surgeons one of which was prof ammori but it's not as bad as you think doing it x

Mrs Noodles

Thanks, I will have to brave it then lol!

It went really well thanks, I was a bit nervous but think it was more to do with excitement. We decided to wait until I've recovered from my gallbladder being taken out by nhs (4 week recovery) and then do the sleeve.

I'm really excited, I just need to discuss it was my husband as 2 year ago when I was reseraching it he was dead against it.

How are you doing with your sleeve? x

Monalisa

I'm doing well thanks a little bit slow but think that maybe cos I've gone from band to sleeve and it's not my first time but it's only been seven weeks so early days hope you can talk your husband round do you know when your gall bladder op is x

Mrs Noodles

I'm hoping to have it out sometime during April. I live in Worcester and work would question why I had a sick note from the Spire in Manchester so I have to wait and have the ops done separately.

I had the injections - they're really quick and simple and not painful at all. :)

Kar8858

Your own GP should provide a fit certificate for work so don't worry about that, they can put on it surgical procedure they don't have to detail which op you have had just explain to your Gp.
Good luck with it all x

juju_doll

juju_doll
I had to do mine for a month after my op. I completely freaked out about it but then I just sat down and did it and it really wasn't that bad. In the whole big scheme of things it's nothing but I know why you're worried! It becomes routine pretty soon x

Monalisa

I'm hoping to have it out sometime during April. I live in Worcester and work would question why I had a sick note from the Spire in Manchester so I have to wait and have the ops done separately.

That's a shame I thought to get the better price with the Prof you had to go to the Alexander hospital in cheadle when I enquired they were charging a few thousand more for the spire unless this has changed do they not do anything more local to you ? Xx

Monalisa

Your own GP should provide a fit certificate for work so don't worry about that, they can put on it surgical procedure they don't have to detail which op you have had just explain to your Gp.
Good luck with it all x

I just had post op on mine I did get my first one from the spire but could have got it off the gp so that's a good idea Kar x

Mrs Noodles

That's a shame I thought to get the better price with the Prof you had to go to the Alexander hospital in cheadle when I enquired they were charging a few thousand more for the spire unless this has changed do they not do anything more local to you ? Xx

Sorry Mona Lisa I meant Spire Cheadle not Manchester X

Mrs Noodles

Well I can confirm that I have done the injections now myself three times and yes they're no biggie. I managed to give myself a massive bruise yesterday when I did the 2nd one in the hospital but it was down to my technique.

los in it

well done you! its a little scary ,sticking a needle into yourself but once done you realise its nothing to get so worried about! I spent an age watching how it was done on you tube ,took a deep breath and got on with it I too gave myself the odd bruise but like you said its down to how you do it
good luck (not that you need it !)with all remaining jabs

Mrs Noodles

well done you! its a little scary ,sticking a needle into yourself but once done you realise its nothing to get so worried about! I spent an age watching how it was done on you tube ,took a deep breath and got on with it I too gave myself the odd bruise but like you said its down to how you do it
good luck (not that you need it !)with all remaining jabs

Aww bless you watching you tube videos :eek:

i've three to go and counting :)

puddytats

I'm presuming that you inject into the stomach?

It's ok - I used to do it daily for immunotherapy, with an insulin needle, which is very thin. From what I remember about my student nursing days, the anti-coagulant is a little thicker, but still sub-cutaneous (into flesh) so should be ok too.

Good luck everyone!

Ellie