• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What does your port feel like?

Mio

Ok, this is going to be a really odd question but I have to ask.

What does your port feel like under your skin?

I was told my port site was just below my chest - had the four keyhole incision sites across my belly and then one stright one just where my bra strap goes (you can tell it was done by a man *lol*)

When I spoke to the lady at the hospital earlier this week about the lump I have near one of my incision sites she felt it a bit then asked if it wasn't my port site. I said that I'd been told that it was the one on my chest, and when I feel near my ribcage I can feel a flat, solid object. The lump near my incision site is longer and thinner and the end is pressing against my skin so you an actually see a lump on the surface (bit gross, sorry!)

She arranged *another* appointment for me to see a member of the surgical team but that's not until the end of the month and meanwhile I'm getting really confused and worried about it. I just wanted to see that I wasn't being silly and mistaking my port for something else. I'm almost sure I'm not but I don't really know so really would appreciate input from other!

TIA

Hello,

My port is on the left hand side of rib cage, usually your port is around where the largest scar is, mine feels flat hard ( not painful though) HTH xx

Yeah, my longest/biggest scar is the one where my bra band goes and is where I was told my port site was. It also feels flat and hard (which is weird enough *lol*)

I'm sure the lump isn't my port but wanted to double-check before going in to see the team! thanks :)

My port is on the left just below my ribcage. It was more pronounced after surgery for 2 or 3 months, but now it has settled down and although I know its there, I forget about it most of the time!

I`m sure your port site will settle down before long.....and the only time you`ll notice it is when you have to go for a fill!

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

IMHO, I think the small lump thing might be a stitch under the skin and scar tissue. As long as its not hot and infected then its most probably the stuff they stitched you up with. The port is attached to your muscle wall and is round and flat...at least mine is! I still have to poke deeply to find mine though! :(

A larger hard area that I thought was my port, near my breast bone, the nurse told me is scar tissue. My port is small and round and just under my largest scar to the left of the centre of my chest. Its not easy to feel however unless I flex over backwards (ohhhh yes, I am now far more flexible - what an image) :giggle:

Mine is directly to the left of my belly button which ticks me off cos now I've lost weight it sticks out and is soooo prominent when I'm in my underwear or bikini and am not sure what to say to epople when thye ask what it is ;-(

after surgery i though my port was under my largest scar and that i could feel it, however when i went for my 1st fill and 30 minutes of trying to find it, the lump i was feeling was actually hard scar tissue and my port is about 1 inch under my small lowest scar (practically opposite my belly button)

Back