• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Omg i feel hungry..

farzu

Ok so now a days i feel a lot hungry. I also can eat quite a lot. I have gained some weight too ( its my totm) but i'm too worried now that i have stretched my pouch. I dont feel full and by the time i feel stuck, i have already eaten a lot. Like may be 5/6 tbl spoons of food. It seems a lot more than my 100gram pouch. What should i do? I have been to the gp's and also the hospital several times for one of my wound which didnt close properly as a corner of the stitch sticking out. Now i am feeling sad all the time for all these problems. I can eat almost anything soft including mushroom and rice too. I'm too worried now. Please help. :( :( :( :(

Hi Farzu,
Are you always eating your protein first? If you are, and you're still worried, why not ring your team on Monday and see what they suggest?

Yes thats a good idea Yve,
Farzu you need to speak to your team all teams have different advice and support on what they want you to eat some count calories some weigh everything some just go on proteins and carbs et. You need to talk to someone to put your mind ata rest. Keep drinking cos that will really fill you up. Good luck hope you get it sorted, I have been in a similar position there are people on here who have been to the same hosp. as you who will be able to help you too. xx

Yes i am eating protein first. Like yesterday i had for breakfast : 1 shortbread. Lunch: i had 2 tblsp rice, 1 tblsp fish, 1 1/2 tblsp liver cooked, and 2 or 3 one inch piece of potatoes. Dinner i had the same as lunch but without rice. That seems too much for me at this stage. i dont like to eat 5 meals a day but some days i snack on prunes or lf cheese. I spoke to the dietian on last thursday and she said if u dont feel sick then everything is fine. I also told her that i dont get the 'full' feeling and dont understand when should i stop. She said its too early to understand the full feeling and stop as soon as u feel any pain.

I know its hard not to worry lovely, but if you've already been in touch with your dietician, and you're doing all the right things then just have faith and keep with it. If in a couple of weeks you're still not comfortable go back to the dietician

Try putting you fork/spoon down between mouthful's and chew well.
Before we had surgery we would/could eat without thinking about it.
Now you need to feel the texture and taste the flavour enjoy every mouthful.
Your stomach will send the signal to your brain that you are full before you have eaten too much, If you eat fast your stomach doesn't register food until its too late and then you have eaten too much.
HTH

I has to get myself in the habit by literally counting to twenty between bites, putting fork down and not loading it again straight away, also eat only for up to twenty minutes and is say you are plating up too much food, you need to get your head around this the bypass won't do it for you.. good luck

I havent had a bypass but with my sleeve i was hungry for the first 2 months and got really worried about this. Then after the 2 months it started to change and the hunger subsided. Bypassers also have reduced ghrelin and i dont know if this is right but i think it takes time for the reduced ghrelin to kick in and hunger to be reduced. After all ghrelin is a hormone and the body takes time to adjust to making less. This is only how i have found it to be, i stopped feeling so hungry 8-10 weeks after my op.
Keep on eating your protein first and if you feel hungry go for more protein as snacks and wait and see if your appetite changes in the next month or two.

Kim

Maybe you're having too many carbs? shortbread, rice, potato......I know if I eat those things it makes me want more, and they don't give you that full feeling like protein does. Maybe try to eat more of the fish or meat before going onto the rice or potato?

It's all difficult as we all seem to be so different and react to foods so differently......wish we were all the same, how easy would that be!

farzu said:
Yes i am eating protein first. Like yesterday i had for breakfast : 1 shortbread. Lunch: i had 2 tblsp rice, 1 tblsp fish, 1 1/2 tblsp liver cooked, and 2 or 3 one inch piece of potatoes. Dinner i had the same as lunch but without rice. That seems too much for me at this stage. i dont like to eat 5 meals a day but some days i snack on prunes or lf cheese. I spoke to the dietian on last thursday and she said if u dont feel sick then everything is fine. I also told her that i dont get the 'full' feeling and dont understand when should i stop. She said its too early to understand the full feeling and stop as soon as u feel any pain.

Do you mean shortbread as in all butter biscuit? Because if so there must be a million other things to have in its place that are still comforting but would provide some nutrient. You probably don't mean that though.

Anna x.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Do you mean shortbread as in all butter biscuit? Because if so there must be a million other things to have in its place that are still comforting but would provide some nutrient. You probably don't mean that though.

Anna x.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Ah, i presumed it was shortbread as in the biscuits......sorry if it was something else!

My team says 5-6 tbsps as max. So shouldn't be a problem if it's not making you ill.

And I am assuming shortbread is the biscuit too. That will set of hunger as its full of sugar and fat.

Good luck Farzu xxx

Thanks all for replying, i am really struggling to drink water. Does this happen to ladies befor ethaeir totm? about the food, i will stop having the carbs from now on and eat only protein. I will see the dietian again on 4th June.

farzu said:
Thanks all for replying, i am really struggling to drink water. Does this happen to ladies befor ethaeir totm? about the food, i will stop having the carbs from now on and eat only protein. I will see the dietian again on 4th June.

I have gone off water full stop. Only can drink sugar free water, NAS squash and hot drinks x

My team says 5-6 tbsps as max. So shouldn't be a problem if it's not making you ill.

And I am assuming shortbread is the biscuit too. That will set of hunger as its full of sugar and fat.

Good luck Farzu xxx

thanks hun, how are you doing? yes shortbread is the biscuit. then i think its definately a NO NO for me but in the forum i saw so many saying that they ate shortbread, don't know if thats the biscuit or not though.

farzu said:
thanks hun, how are you doing? yes shortbread is the biscuit. then i think its definately a NO NO for me but in the forum i saw so many saying that they ate shortbread, don't know if thats the biscuit or not though.

Maybe they are far out post op or just naughty lol.

But at our stage (I have to avoid forever, as shortbread is a trigger for me lol) we are best to avoid.

That's what's great about talking about things. We get new ideas and ditch old ideas :)

I find it hard to drink plain water now too.....in fact i now prefer warm drinks as anything too cold feels uncomfortable going down

Back