• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP!!! 5 weeks post bypass and not coping very well

I suffered for many many years from acid reflux and like Shelley had torturous nights choking on acid in my mouth, etc. i had a hiatus hernia which was repaired at the same time as the bypass. As I lay in HDU the night of my op I realised the reflux was gone - i cried. I sleep all the way through now, and wake refreshed rather than exhausted. Thanks to the Dream Talk app I know I still snore tho ... ;-)

Awww that's so lovely that you got the relief from what seems like such a horrible thing to have. Dream talk app? :eek:

Yeah, it's an iPad app which records sounds in the night ... Useful if you sleep talk, or in my case to check the snoring situation which is so hideously viley ghastly my fella doesn't stay over, and I worry about my neighbours on the other side of the bedroom wall! If i could have got Mr F to fix that too when he was about it, I would have. Just hoping it gets better as I lose weight ...

Yeah, it's an iPad app which records sounds in the night ... Useful if you sleep talk, or in my case to check the snoring situation which is so hideously viley ghastly my fella doesn't stay over, and I worry about my neighbours on the other side of the bedroom wall! If i could have got Mr F to fix that too when he was about it, I would have. Just hoping it gets better as I lose weight ...

Is the snoring from sleep apnoea? I used to have sleep apnoea and my snoring was not quite that bad but was substantial enough to get checked. The CPAP machine really helped. I dont eat it anymore but it might help, especially with the guy situation and the neighbour situation.

That is so good to hear.i had a hiatus hernia repaired at the same time has the nissen op.now i have a sliding hernia that needs repairing when i have the bypass.i havent had a full nights sleep for years.im so looking forward to that,and not waking up choking on acid,its vile isnt it.

That is so good to hear.i had a hiatus hernia repaired at the same time has the nissen op.now i have a sliding hernia that needs repairing when i have the bypass.i havent had a full nights sleep for years.im so looking forward to that,and not waking up choking on acid,its vile isnt it.

My hernia was "modest", but my reflux was "severe" (surgeon's words when he saw the images). I have to be totally honest that I was slightly more excited about treating the reflux issue, than the weight. When you have your bypass the resulting rapid weight loss will lessen the chances of your repair going again. I wish every success and hope you get lasting relief from this debilitating condition xx

Thankyou so much lilaclittlegirl.yea im so looking forward to getting rid of the reflux more than losing the weight at the moment,im sure that will change though.

Thankyou so much lilaclittlegirl.yea im so looking forward to getting rid of the reflux more than losing the weight at the moment,im sure that will change though.

Seeing as the weight loss is great, but that we undergo surgery mostly for health reasons, I can empathise with how much you are looking forward to alleviating those symptoms. The weight loss is rapid true, but am assuming that how tangible the symptom relief is must be even more appealing. I truly hope it gets sorted out when you have the op Michelle. Why are you having to wait so long though? How long have you been in treatment so far?

Basically my surgeon was going to do a re do nissen op in february '13, but was more confident the bypass would work,but because of where we lived i couldnt get funding because i dont have diabetes.so when everything canged with the pct in april ,somehow my surgeon just said that he could go ahead with the bypass,but my gp doesnt understand how.but im not botherd ,i just need it done.ive had to go through the bariatric mdt,lose weight,endoscopy 4th sept,i hope not too much longer after that.

Back