• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG I just cheated

Ginnywinny

Only 4 days to go until my gastric bypass surgery and I have been doing so well on my pre op diet, lost 1 st 4lbs in 10 day. Then the postman arrived. With two jars of delicious nut butter that I ordered back in March. Dark Chocolate and Cashew and White Chocolate and Macadamia, before I know it my finger was in the jar of dark chocolate.

So to be fair I only had about 1/10th of the small jar but I'm feeling terribly guilty. I called my husband and he said I should smash both jars now so I don't weaken again before he gets home. But if they are there when he gets back he'll throw himself on the grenade and eat both jars for me lol

Step away from the jars... Go for a long walk and find a rubbish bin or flush them down the loo.

You're doing so well, you can do it!

Only 4 days to go until my gastric bypass surgery and I have been doing so well on my pre op diet, lost 1 st 4lbs in 10 day. Then the postman arrived. With two jars of delicious nut butter that I ordered back in March. Dark Chocolate and Cashew and White Chocolate and Macadamia, before I know it my finger was in the jar of dark chocolate.

So to be fair I only had about 1/10th of the small jar but I'm feeling terribly guilty. I called my husband and he said I should smash both jars now so I don't weaken again before he gets home. But if they are there when he gets back he'll throw himself on the grenade and eat both jars for me lol

Don't be too hard on yourself hun... I remember last week when I was on my pre op... my partner had some cracker and cheese... I really couldn't resist snatching one... I felt really horrible after I did that. But I just gave myself a good telling off and got back on track... You will be fine. This is your opportunity to get back on track. you will be fine...xx

i dont think we are normal if we dont make a small slip on pre op i did i had half a dozen of hubbys chips but bearing in mind we awas at the hospital with my son day in day out at that time but i knew it was wrong and i called my team who said it would be fine so long as i didnt slip again and i didnt so dont worry too much

i dont think we are normal if we dont make a small slip on pre op i did i had half a dozen of hubbys chips but bearing in mind we awas at the hospital with my son day in day out at that time but i knew it was wrong and i called my team who said it would be fine so long as i didnt slip again and i didnt so dont worry too much

I guess I'm not normal then :)

Me too ...Paula and butterfly...just imagine waking up and being told surgery didn't go ahead due to the sake of cheating?

Ha! This was my thought too when I was tempted. My sister kept saying they'll open you up and they'll know and it won't be done! It scared me into sticking to it and even even I fainted on pre op from low blood sugar and my hospital team told me to have a sandwich I was so worried but everything was ok in the end and now I'm 6 weeks post op!

Me too ...Paula and butterfly...just imagine waking up and being told surgery didn't go ahead due to the sake of cheating?

I wanted the op more than I wanted crisps/cake/choc/whatever :rolleyes:

I am really really really weird then ;) I'm on my THIRD pre-op milk diet starting today. I didn't cheat on the previous two and I don't intend to slip on this one either. Getting each op has been soooooo much more important than whatever looks tempting ;) I think it makes you realise what is to come afterwards as well as altering your liver ;)

Not normal here too, there's a good reason why we have to 'diet' pre op and thats to make the liver easier to handle during surgery.

I'ts really not worth the risk but its done now ;)

Not normal???

Wow. Then I'm not normal for following the guidelines put in place by my provider to ensure my safety for surgery. The desire for surgery to go ahead and not be cancelled because I hadn't stuck to it, or waking up to find they couldn't do surgery, or even more suffering consequences while under the knife.

If I'm not normal them I'm glad.

The dieticians at heartlands were the ones who told me that info so not sure and mine was not intentional

It varies mine was 6 weeks high bmi some only have 1 week if you ask they will tell you

Back