• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my weight loss journey by Gail Michelle

Bonita

Well done Gail, lovely inspiring story, thank you. Now I hope your looking forward to the new you.

IRJ, there could be a number of reasons why others seem to jump the queue or are ahead of you. Maybe they have asked for a cancelation and are prepared to go in on a phone call, or maybe they are pestering the PCT and hospital that much that they operate on them to shut them up...lol Or just maybe as in my case they are fast tracked because of their co-illness's and may need this operation sooner as opposed to later.

I'm pretty sure a fair few people had their nose put out of joint when they heard how fast I was from first consultation to operation, but then they don't have to live with the illness that forced me to have this operation in the first place. I have to say that everyone without exception here understood the reasons for my operation being fast tracked and were all very gracious about it though.

I met one woman in hospital that had been waiting and fighting for seven years for her op and she was by far the biggest lady I had seen there, so obviously BMI isn't the ultimate deciding factor.

The time scale for your op sounds about right in line with everyone elses but I would suggest if you are able to go in on a phone call, that you contact your hospital and ask to be considered for any cancellations and also bear in mind that there may be a good medical reason why someone seems to jump the queue.

IRJ

I know that but its so frustrating as i said yesterday i have no god given right b4 anybody else nor do i want it i just want today to be my last fat birthday take care xx

:D Fantastic story!! I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you gail you have been a superstar - you have put my mind at rest about the operation and calmed my nerves. I am over the moon that you are doing so well, but i had no doubt that you would do fantastic! :love047: Heres to a fantastic 50th eh!!! xxxxx

helen144

hi Gail Im glad you had a similar experiance to me. Mr A and his team really are gods lol. as i came round from my op a friend text me and said this is the start of the new you and boy was she right. we will have to catch up for a coffee before helen goes back to work.
speak soon
carole

helllooooooooo

i got another sick note lmao
i dont go back now till beginning of august , now theres a shame lol

helen xxxx

Gail-michelle

likes to post
Hi Carole, Ime so glad I am going through the same steps as you. I use to say to sue "I hope Ime going to be like carole after my op" we use to both laugh and say yeright Ha! Ha! I have always been on the go practicly all my life so I dont know if this has anything to go by. Hey carole is it normal to lose 17lb in 4 days?:eek: G.M
hi Gail Im glad you had a similar experiance to me. Mr A and his team really are gods lol. as i came round from my op a friend text me and said this is the start of the new you and boy was she right. we will have to catch up for a coffee before helen goes back to work.
speak soon
carole

keza

top story gail i feel like im almost there now and im also under salford had sleep study done last wk and got pshyc apt on fri so hope its not to long now. I feel like its all gone pritty quick only went to GP at end of april got funding in may and had pre op apt in june! Just glad to hear u were not in to much pain that was my biggest worry! luv kezaxx

fuze

top story gail i feel like im almost there now and im also under salford had sleep study done last wk and got pshyc apt on fri so hope its not to long now. I feel like its all gone pritty quick only went to GP at end of april got funding in may and had pre op apt in june! Just glad to hear u were not in to much pain that was my biggest worry! luv kezaxx

Welcome Keza! I am due for surgery on 3rd August (all being well) at Salford with Mr Ammorri!

keza

good luck with it all u will be fine the team at salford seem to be great and have fantastic support groups for pre and post op patents. im just really excited about it all a new life for us all :)

hopelesscase

Hi Carole, Ime so glad I am going through the same steps as you. I use to say to sue "I hope Ime going to be like carole after my op" we use to both laugh and say yeright Ha! Ha! I have always been on the go practicly all my life so I dont know if this has anything to go by. Hey carole is it normal to lose 17lb in 4 days?:eek: G.M

Thats some going gail, i hope yr not weighing yourself everyday lol. I sure hope you continue to have the same experiance as me as it has been fantastic. I like you was very active before hand so it may be a contributing factor.
hc

Kayb

Great story Gail-michelle. Good Luck with the weight loss over the coming weeks. Hopefully I'll soon get my date and everything will go as smoothly for me as it has for you.

Kay.