• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG! OMG! The best phone call ever!!

ditzeeblonde

I have just come off the phone to St Richards who have told me they're looking to call me in for surgery on Sept 9th! How amazing is that?? :D

My problem is...

My husband has one day of leave left... My folks & my husbands sister are all away on holiday until the 25th of the month, the girl who I share the school run with is also away on holiday!!! :sigh:

My baby sis who has a 2yr & an 8 week old said she'd come & move in to help out.

I know its a 'how long is a ball of string question' BUT how long would you think I need help for? :confused:

I have a 2yr old & a 6yr old, the 6 yr old I would have no probs getting a lift to school until I could drive, the 2yr old wouldn't be happy about someone else taking her to preschool so as long as I could get a lift I could drop her off, she goes for 3 mornings. The kids would have to do without their clubs for a couple of weeks til I could drive again I guess???

How much would I be able to manage to do after my op? Could I manage the kids dinner, getting them sorted for school just general sorting kids out if I forgot any type of housework issues (which I'm already very good at doing!!:D)

How feasable is it for me to think that I could cope without anyone else being here??

I know this is a really silly question but I would appreciate some feedback on how you guys all were & what you could cope with just to give a ball park figure!!

Thanks guys. xxxxxxx

think if id got that phone call i would just make sure id manage as i wouldnt want to put it off

Firstly congratulations on your call great news x on how much help your going to need depends on you and how you feel after the op , i was fine to cope with day to day basics of getting kids sorted but i was so tired so needed plenty of cat naps in the day and to be honest it was so nice to just have the quiet when the kids were at school and hubby at work, so im not sure how you would go on with another 3 people to add to your brood , lovely for your sister to offer though. To be honest id get mega organized with lifts to school for kids and meals and things like that , i was driving again after a week and feeling fine apart from the tired ness x good luck hun dont get too worked up about sorting things out it will all fall into place x

oh ment to say congratulations as well
well done

I don't have young children to cope with but found I could manage doing light things (just no lifting anything heavy or bending over too much) a few days post-op so it could be possible for you to manage as long as you get plenty of rest between. As far as cooking dinner for the kids goes, how about making some meals now to freeze so all you have to do is re-heat in oven/microwave. Or even buy some ready meals or the sort of food you can just stick in the oven. There are lots of healthy options available these days and a couple of weeks won't hurt them. Forget the housework, I didn't do any for over a month, so still playing catch up! ;)

I agree with Rybens in as much as it's lovely of your sister to offer to help out, but I think you would find it much more tiring having them there and it would be difficult for you to get those much needed naps during the day.

It's just getting the kids to school/nursery really, and also dressing & bathing little'un. Can hubby do evening baths as you can't lift her in & out of the bath? I'm sure you'll work it out, where there's a will there's a way and all that. If I lived nearby I'd have no hesitation in offering to take your girls to/from school to help out.

Best of luck, and how exciting you don't have too much longer to wait! :D

Firstly congratulations on your call great news x on how much help your going to need depends on you and how you feel after the op , i was fine to cope with day to day basics of getting kids sorted but i was so tired so needed plenty of cat naps in the day and to be honest it was so nice to just have the quiet when the kids were at school and hubby at work, so im not sure how you would go on with another 3 people to add to your brood , lovely for your sister to offer though. To be honest id get mega organized with lifts to school for kids and meals and things like that , i was driving again after a week and feeling fine apart from the tired ness x good luck hun dont get too worked up about sorting things out it will all fall into place x

Thanks misses... we must have crossed posts as I've only just seen this! Hubby & I think that we'll manage... he is amazing & already does so much so I don't have to worry about that afterwards.

I do think yr right tho & that I would rather have the me time on the mornings when Amalie is at preschool rather than a constant houseful.

I mean other people who don't have families that help manage so no reason why we can't.

It has made me want to get my house in order now tho!! :D

I don't have young children to cope with but found I could manage doing light things (just no lifting anything heavy or bending over too much) a few days post-op so it could be possible for you to manage as long as you get plenty of rest between. As far as cooking dinner for the kids goes, how about making some meals now to freeze so all you have to do is re-heat in oven/microwave. Or even buy some ready meals or the sort of food you can just stick in the oven. There are lots of healthy options available these days and a couple of weeks won't hurt them. Forget the housework, I didn't do any for over a month, so still playing catch up! ;)

I agree with Rybens in as much as it's lovely of your sister to offer to help out, but I think you would find it much more tiring having them there and it would be difficult for you to get those much needed naps during the day.

It's just getting the kids to school/nursery really, and also dressing & bathing little'un. Can hubby do evening baths as you can't lift her in & out of the bath? I'm sure you'll work it out, where there's a will there's a way and all that. If I lived nearby I'd have no hesitation in offering to take your girls to/from school to help out.

Best of luck, and how exciting you don't have too much longer to wait! :D

Thank you. xxx

Hubby already does the evening routine & my littlest one being a girl is fiercely independant so don't have to do too much lifting etc with her.

I'm already thinking lists & what can I do to get everything in order now... its only 8 weeks away & that will fly by as we have holidays between now & then!!

I'm so excited I think I'm going to burst!!

You guys have just settled my mind about coping afterwards.. I kinda figured we should be able to manage & knew that asking you guys on here would give me the right information. xxx

Seems like you have it sorted so i'll keep my advice to myself as it's more or less the same as all of the above!

Good things about little ones is they don't need great big whopping meals cooking so you can get away with doing quick n easy for a while. Your hubby seems super supportive so he can cook himself something or you can prepare by batch cooking beforehand! As for housework? Half the problems kids have nowadays is not facing any dirt/dust, it won't hurt for a while :) :)

Am sooo excited for you, by time summer hols are over it will be your turn to join the Losers Bench xx

Seems like you have it sorted so i'll keep my advice to myself as it's more or less the same as all of the above!

Good things about little ones is they don't need great big whopping meals cooking so you can get away with doing quick n easy for a while. Your hubby seems super supportive so he can cook himself something or you can prepare by batch cooking beforehand! As for housework? Half the problems kids have nowadays is not facing any dirt/dust, it won't hurt for a while :) :)

Am sooo excited for you, by time summer hols are over it will be your turn to join the Losers Bench xx

That made me pmsl!! If you could see my house, you'd be in stitches.. reckon my kids have the best immune system ever due to their exposure to dust & dirt!! :D

Thanks so much for yr words.. means so much to have the support from everyone on here. xx

Whoohoo, congratulations!!!!!! Lucky you!!! Can't offer any advice better than what has already been given, but if it were me, I'd get uber-organised & just make it work, wouldn't want to wait any longer than absolutely necessary xxxx

I cant help with the kiddie side of things as mine are grown up and Im pre-op so dont know how you feel after surgery but I just wanted to say a MASSIVE Congratulations on getting your date. Good Luck hun X :D

Congratulations on getting a date. Not too long to wait. I too have lists all over trying to get sorted for going in 2 weeks today. The lounge is getting decorated this week then I shall be spring cleaning the whole house.

Congratulations on getting a date. Not too long to wait. I too have lists all over trying to get sorted for going in 2 weeks today. The lounge is getting decorated this week then I shall be spring cleaning the whole house.

Wow... I wonder if I can convince Hubby that we should decorate ours too??

Good luck with yr op. xx

Back