• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Omg! Omg!

purplefluffything

Omg! Just had nurse call me from Whittington to arrange my pre assessment I'm so so scared now :eek: it's like I definatly want the op done:) but don't want to go through any of the operation to get to the other side :cry: I'm having some weird emotions right now I'm happy & over the moon but just scared..
The assessment couldn't be at the worst time of the yr 7th December so I suppose that means pre op diet over Xmas :p never mind I thought turkey was good for dieting:) I'm sure a little wld be ok on Xmas day..
Oh & the nurse said as long as everything is ok with me my op should be 4 weeks after, which is early January I would say . Mr sufi said it would be January .
Thank you for sharing this special moment with me..:grouphugg:
Hugs xxx

Brilliant x all systems go now lady lol your feeling are all normal we have all that have had surgery been there as well so please dont worry x congrats on getting your pre-op date lets hope you get your op date very soon x

So pleased for you Angel and sieze the opportunity... no matter when it is.... shall be willing you on your way precious... love and hugs xxx

Rybens, Thank you for telling me not tto worry, I promise I will do my best ;) honestly thank you for supporting me & being there for me. The nurse said she will give me my op date on the day , I can't wait to know .

Bev, Thank you for always willing me on you are always there for me & I very much appreciate knowing you are.
You such a lovely lady always there for everyone with
lovely kind words.

Lots of hugs xx

That is brilliant news, I know from my experience that once we have the pre-op date, we begin to focus on what's going to happen and it can get pretty scary....

and no-one is going to pretend the actual process is nice.....but even after everything I've been through, it's worth it pet. it SO is. To see the pounds dropping, to get into smaller clothes,... to feel something like normal and not a freak-show....

...and you've waited a long time for this. Now is YOUR turn. Huge hugs.

I suggest this to a few people because it helped me:
write yourself a list of everything you hate about being overweight, and everything you hope to gain from being slim.......

do an AnnieT style 'bucket list' of all the things which the new slim you will be able to do, that being overweight has prevented you from doing...let your thoughts run riot!

...then you'll see that it's worth it!

and so are YOU!
Big Hugs again. xxxxxxxxx

Absolutely Brill :D Im so chuffed for you, dont worry you will be fine. Its normal to have wobbles when you get close....I bet you never thought youd be normal did you ;) XXX

Oh charis what a beautiful post you sent me.
I can tell that you mean every word to me so thank for that, yes I am worth it :)
Charis I have followed all you have been through you are so brave. Sometimes I feel
I know what you have gone through due to my own operations with my pump this summer with all the 'blips' I had go wrong, we have a connection with there I feel ;)
Thank you charis..
Hugs xx, thank you

Jacqui, Thank you for making me feel ok to have the wobbles ; I think I have more than wobbles though ;) & normal what's that! :D
You are wonderful thank you.

Allie, yum yum ooo! Yes it would be lovely to be on low carb so I may enjoy a little of Xmas .
It definatly is a lovely late Xmas pressi . Or could be my final big new yr resolution :)
Thanks Allie xxx
Hugs x

Last edited:
Fantastic news hun! I know how exciting it is - I found out yesterday that my op date is 21 Feb! Couldn't stop grinning yesterday, and I know I'm going to go through a rollercoaster of emotions between now and then. My mum said I'm weird for being excited about undergoing surgery but I told her it's not about the op it's the great life we're going to have afterwards that I'm excited about!
I was 40 in Sept, and now I really do believe life will begin at 40!
So pleased to hear someone is up on cloud nine with me!

Woo Hoo!!!!!!

x x x

Hi Karen yes I'm definatly up there with you:) it will be nice to go through it with friends here at the same time.
Karen your not weird at all.
It is almost positively the life after the op we are excited at, yes it's exciting getting the op done but it not exciting like blood thirst :eek: it's like Xmas as a kid it's new it's yours & your going to look after it, we are oblivious to the pain & surgery part of it.
Chat soon flower.
Hugs x

Hi Andrea thank you for being here encouraging me
Andrea due to how I'll iv been this past summer until now waiting just under five weeks for assessment then another 4 weeks for surgery! I'm just about getting there with the recovery of my most recent surgery.
It's amazingly close in my opinion but maybe it's because I'm always busy with my other hospital appt
& thinking of Xmas..
Thank you huni for being here for me xx

Hi Gaynor, you are so sweet to pop on & wish me good luck. Thank you. Xx
Iv followed ur threads many times they are always interesting & informative xxxx

Hugs to all xx

Last edited:
At last YOUR time has come Diana!!!! Fantastic news! I'm so excited for you! What your feeling is totally normal i was a quivering wreck but by the time my op day came i was so excited(apart from when i was being wheeled down to theatre)and looking forward to my new life and boy have i got a new life, 11 stone gone what more could a girl want!!!!! So grab it with both hands.....miracles do happen xxx

Congratulations Diana and Karen on getting your dates, I'm so pleased for you both, Karen x

Back