• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A glimmer of light is now on the horizon!

Jen1961

Is on her way!
I went for my pre op assessment today and as far as I know it all went well.

Just one thing that's put a spanner in the works is that I have had a really bad case of cellulites in my left leg which led to me being hospitalised for 10 days to be administered IV Antibiotics. I'm home now but the leg is slow to heal and has actually started blistering on the back calf and today started weeping. The pre op nurse looked and said this would need to heal before the surgery would go ahead. Im still on antibiotics and I'm hoping that things start to heal pretty soon. :sigh:

The nurse told me when the surgeon phones me with a date, I must be honest and let him know if my leg isn't healed and she said my op would only be delayed until the leg was dry and healed.

Oh the pressure!

I've been given my pre op diet sheet and all the bumf to read regarding the op and pain management. She said I would need 4 weeks notice which sounds good as it will give me time to arrange things my end.

So, a glimmer of light maybe might just be on the horizon :)

woooooooooohoooo not long now !!!!
Sending healing vibes for your leg
~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~ heal xxxxxx

I hope your leg heals SUPER FAST and you get the operation soon. It must be SO frustrating for you, but at least you know you can get the op and start getting healthier soon. Crossing fingers for you it all goes well (the op & post op healing)
xxxx sharon

That is a horrible thing to have. It is so painful. Is your leg still hot and burning? I am sure that the anti-biotics will sort it out in time and, like everyone else, am sending love and healing vibes your way :)

That is a horrible thing to have. It is so painful. Is your leg still hot and burning? I am sure that the anti-biotics will sort it out in time and, like everyone else, am sending love and healing vibes your way :)

Hot and burning is one way of putting it, my leg looks and feels like its been scalded with boiling water. Its all blistered with the heat and unfortunately is a right mess. Hopefully the antibiotics will start to mend this mess soon and it will start to heal. Thanks for your love and healing vibes xxxx

oh jen im so sorry :( i really hope your leg gets better soon xxx

Hope it soon gets better hun Ive had it in my face three times and hate the iv antibiotics its like battery acid going in the veins if it goes in too quick!I am allergic to penicillin and have another.

I hope your leg is healing nicely and your op date comes round quick :)

Back