• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG things just get worse

Linski

Well I am really having a s*** day. Just been told I come under South staffs PCT and not wolverhampton. So I need to look at their criteria.:cry::cry::cry:

Mydoctor asked Telford to look at doing my surgery and the receptionist just rang to say they dnt do them as they run out of funding!! So its back to Walsall Manor, She is ringing them now to make sure I am still in their system.:eek:

I am so tearful today and low and I need to pick myself up I know but its all too much sometimes.

I had a counter fall on me (turn a door on its side and double its weight and you have some idea) in Wallis 2 years ago and sustained injuries to my left leg, ankle and knee. I had a gold and steroid injection done yesterday and OMG was it painful, still suffering today. I am having private treatment paid for by them as they have admitted liability. I am having an operation on my knee and stress xrays on my ankle and then pending the result and operation to repair the ligaments and tendons as they have ripped and or streched. My ankle give way and I had a really nasty fall in May damaging my ankle and knee further.

I am going to ask my solicitor if they will allow me an interim payment to have my bypass privately paid nout of my compensation. This will in turen help my mobilty and pain as I am really struggling and my weight really impacts on this.

Do you think this is cheeky or would you do the same? Shall I phone my solicitor or write a letter stating my case? Any advice or views will be greatly appreciated.

Phew I hope this downer passes or I may have to give work a miss tomorrow as I cant stop crying its all overwhelming me today:confused::confused::confused::confused: Sometimes I wish I had never asked for this bypass has it has taken over my life completly. Lack of communication from Walsall Manor is the real problem. all I want is a next appointment date and i will be happy.

Love to all
Linski xxx

Bev

Hi Linski,

So sorry to hear that you are low and have had such awful painful problems...

My philosophy is to ask... if you don't ask you don't get and it will give you a focus whilst you apply to South Staffs...

Please let me know how you get on and if I can help in any way...

Cheer up precious.... things will get better and brighter.... sometimes, like me, we have to go the longer way around but our determination will prevail....

Love and hugs xxx

VeronicaT

Gonna be thinner girl
I am so sorry you are down Linski - sending you a massive hug xxxxx
I am sure i will go through this too, but we both have loads of support and encouragement on this forum. It will come flooding in soon.

If you could reduce the pain, I am sure you would feel better - it always drags you down doesn't it.

Do you think you needed WLS when you had your accident at Wallis, or were you coping ok? If not, and the accident has made it necessary and impossible to carry on ( as well as weakness and other falls) then I would think you have a very good case for them to pay for it. Obviously your solicitor can advise you better. Initially, I would phone and ask.

It will make you feel much better to be doing something positive for yourself. I think half the time for all of us, its the lack of control we all have over proceedings, that makes us all have really bad days.

As my old dad used to say " Don't let the b*****s get you down !"

Hope this helps
Lots of hugs xxxxx

dottychic

I deffinately think you should ask for an interim payment, they have admitted liability and legally thats the main thing, go for it you have nothing to loose :D Cheer up hun, it will get better :D X

ladylite

Oh Linski so sorry your are so upset and frustrated but it is understandable.

I really agree that you should be able to get an interim payment and you should channel your energy into doing this.

Big hugs hun, keep going. xxxxxx

Linski

Thanks all, Well I have got myself into a right old state today. I rang south staffs pct and a young snotty abrupt girl said south satffs dont fund Walsall I am under wrong hospital and need to speak to Stafford General for a surgeon called Mr Durran, So duly rang and guess what he has not done bypass on NHS for around 4 years they all go to walsall. So after a dozen phone calls I spoke to South staffs pals and finally got the correct answers!

South staffs DO fund Walsall Manor and she has today recieved a letter from them regarding the delays. October dates have been given out and the next batch will follow for November but they are in a crisis situation due to the demand for this typ if surgery. She rang them for me and I should get a letter around November with an appointment for Mr K (Shrink). The appointment is usually 6 weeks after letter is issued.

So I would like to thank the incompetent upstart I spoke to initially who has caused me so much upset and stress.

Thank God for PALS - well I have cried a river and given myself a crackin headache, not eaten today but cant face anything so I dont think that helps.Going for a sleep as I could fallout with myself! Oh the joys of being obese!!!

Thanks again for the support - your the best, thanks heavens for this site.
Linski xxx

PS - rang solicitor she was unavailable but going to ring me later re- interim payment for my op. Sometimes you have to kick ass!!!LOL

Kerry Jo

Oh Linski,
glad you have found out the truth at long last.

I really feel for you. I would go a head and ask your solicitor for interim payment you've got nothing to lose hun xxx

dottychic

Good for you hun, have a little sleep and you might feel better then and fancy something to eat....good luck with the solicitor :D X

midnight-star

Hi Linski

You go for it girl, keep your chin up and don't let them get you down, I am so pleased you got a response from South Staffs PCT, that is more than I can get from Wolverhampton PCT, its as if they have all closed ranks and I can't find anything out.

If you need to talk to let your frustrations out let me know

Sue

Linski

Just had a call from my solicitor and basically she doesn't that they will agree to a 10K interim, however, if I can get my surgeon to say that WLS would help my legs then there is a strong possibility they will fund it. Alternativley I can settle the claim without having a full doctors prognosis but she doesn't know how much my claim is worth and so I am going to call my surgeon tomorrow and ask what he thinks as he did respectfully mention my weight. Update you all tomorrow my friends.
Talk about betwen a rock and a hard place!

Love to all

Linski xxxx

phatmomma

Linski good luck with the interim payment....

Now it's time to lead the revolt. Viva le revolution

ps i'm not mad just trying to kick start WM patients into joining forces and making a mass complaint!

phatmomma

Linski, check out my latest post and put your name down hun if you want answers!!!!

Linski

Will do, Have you seen my post about Wallsal not accepting anymore referrals until further notice?

Lin xx

Linski

Hello - Well I have had a hell of a week pain wise with my bad leg, the injection as done zilch infact if anything its made it worse. Letter done and although I say it myself it was a good one lol! Asked my solicitor to explore the chances of the insurance funding my bypass to help my leg and future quality of life pain wise. I was overweight but was remarkably fit and well pre accident. I do not want surgery on my knee and ankle (which they will fund privately) due to my consultant thinking if the injection didn't work then odds on the ops wont. He very respectfully mentioned by weight and as long as he will document that to halve my weight will improve my condition immensly, I am in with a chance. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Linski xx

Grace

Hi Linski. I'm so sorry I missed this thread when it was first posted. You're having a horrible time. I'm so sorry.
I hope you get what you want from the insurance company. They jolly well should fund it for you. It's the flipping least they can do!
Do let us know how it goes.
Sending huge hugs
Charis xxx

Linski

Thanks Charis, I really have no idea what the outcome will be but if i dont ask then I will never know. Logic is that to pay for my bypass will cost them less than the two ops planned and not wanted or guarenteed to help on my leg. I am 100% convinced weight loss will do more for the pain and future deterioration BUT when did common sense prevail when WLS is involved.

Hope you are well Charis.

Linskixxxx

Last edited: